Bloated feeling, pulsing below my sternum

Posted , 9 users are following.

Like the title says, I've been feeling this for weeks now, the more I try to ignore these symptoms they keep making themselves known. Not only that but with the throbbing sensation below my sternum it feels like something is pressing against my diaphragm or its rigid. If any of you suffer from health anxiety or anxiety in general, is this normal to feel this? I'm scared of it being an aortic aneurysm and I feel like I can't exercise or live worry-free with these symptoms.

0 likes, 15 replies

15 Replies

• Edited

It can be due to bacterial infection ( like Hpylori ) , or may be created by food allergy. You may need to consult a doctor, who will most probably suggest you endoscopy, ultrasound, breath test and blood test.

• Edited

I talked with my doctor about it, he thinks with my anxiety and stress it could be IBS, but I'm starting to think this might be candida overgrowth. I drink slightly diluted apple cider vinegar and it seems to help some, though it doesn't help that my eating habits are bad. I'll try ACV all week without fast food to see if this gets better.

• Posted

For so so many years my doctors said this to me! Also apple cider Vinegar for the win!

• Posted

Hello, ive been having the same issue. I had 3 endoscopies which revealed gastritis due to h ypylori but the 3 most recent endoscopy revealed nothing everything came out normal even gastritis healed

But i still feel the same thing. Alot of gas below sternum but little to no pain.

Are your stools normal?

• Posted

It varies anywhere from a couple weeks to a month.

• Posted

Hi,

Earlier this year I had the throbbing in my sternum along with pain in my left arm and feeling shaky and ill. I also had terrible heartburn. I went on a strict low fat diet avoiding all red meat, caffeine and carbonated drinks and took Omeprazole twice a day. After several weeks I had an endoscopy and the only finding was a Helicobacter Pylori infection. I was prescribed the triple antibiotic therapy and made a good recovery.

Hope you do too.

Good luck

• Posted

I've never heard of that. Is it fairly common?

• Posted

ive battled with H Pylori and its a bacterial infection in the stomach. its a little different than a normal infection. you need h pylori in your stomach as part of your bacteria ecosystem to help break down food and such, but if they bacteria grows too much, it completely takes over the good bacteria and hinders your ability to easily digest foods and pass gas. you will get bloated from just drinking water, thats how crazy it is. usually no fever or bed rest. you take what is called a prev pack, which is a 14 day antibiotic treatment. usually you take 3 antibiotics twice a day along with a prevacid. you could also have a hiatal hernia and if its strangulated that could be why you feel the pulse feeling which would be the blood trying to pulsate through the hernia.

• Posted

I don't know how it could be a hiatal hernia, but I've noticed when I breathe in the pulsing sensation is stronger, if that means anything.

• Posted

Feeling slightly short of breath when I lift things too.

• Posted

WOW! i have had these very same symptoms for years now after i got a parasite and was very very sick whilst travelling !! The doctors have never given me any answers. I keep thinking i have a aortic aneurysm as i get short of breathe, my anxiety goes up even flares up after physical activity when its bad. So so glad i found this thread. Going to bring this possibility up with my doctor now and hopefully get to the bottom of this. Keep us up to date with everything !

• Posted

Hello. Have you found the cause of that what was happening to you? Did you get anything diagnosed? I would like to know what you did since im having the same problems here

• Posted

hello any updates on your pulsating in the abdomen with the hernia? i am having the same problem. have been to the e.r ttwice thinking its a aneurysm but they assured me that it isnt when they did a ct with contrast. i am not a dr , always consult with your dr for any concerns but i believe that the pulsating is the pressure of our diaphragm coming against the pressure of our chest with the hernia.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.