Bloated since last night

Posted , 8 users are following.

I have been bloated since last night and it's 2pm and I still feel like my tummy is full of air . i have health anxiety and I am sitting here crying and wondering what this could be. has anyone experienced bloating for a prolonged period?

0 likes, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

Do you have other symptoms and have you been bloated before and seen a doctor? If you have seen a doctor, was any diagnosis given?

• Posted

the last time I saw a doctor, an ultrasound was done and i was told my tummy was full of gas. are they any other tests I can take?

• Posted

You could ask for an endoscopy. Was any explanation given for the gas in your stomach at the time of your ultrasound?

• Posted

no explanation was given. I was put on some meds and was asked to follow a bland diet.

• Posted

Persevere with the bland diet and avoid gassy drinks and vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage and Brussels sprouts. Anxiety can trigger gut problems and gut problems can trigger anxiety. Try distraction techniques to take your mind off your stomach. You may be experiencing GERD. Try some milk to see if that helps. You could also try anti gas tablets or sntacids.

My ultrasound showed bowel gas but no conclusion was drawn from this. In the end, I was diagnosed with IBS.However, you will need to ask your doctor again for an explanation for your gassy stomach.

• Posted

best to visit your doctor for your own peace of mind. bloating is part of gerd but you would need endescopy to confirm. GERD is fairly common linked to digestive issues etc. have a chat with your doctor and see how you go. good luck

• Posted

thank you Joseph. I will definetly ask for a second endoscopy from a different facility to confirm diagnosis and see if it's just GERD giving me all these symptoms.

• Posted

Everyone gets trapped gas every once in a while which is why there is anti-gas tablets available without a prescription. It's worth a try.

• Posted

When I am bloated and gassy, I drink peppermint tea. My friend swears by ginger tea for the same effect. Sometimes there is nothing wrong, just hard to disperse gas.

• Posted

thanks mjf ! I will try and find peppermint tea. with my acid reflux issues I have a lot if reservations about ginger tea.

• Posted

try deflatine and ask your doctor about alverine it is for IBS and really helps with trapped wind.

• Posted

Hi Christelle, common causes of bloating are drinking water with meals or right after a meal (water is first absorb in stomach before solid foods, so it takes time to digest if you combine water then your food), studying or working immediately after your meal, eating while stress, not chewing food very well, eating too fast. It's important to eat 3-4 hours before you sleep to digest your food well. I also experience this specially when I'm eating in a hurry and working with a fan blowing on me. What I usually did is to walk moderately (not brisk walking) outside with fresh air. Air aids digestion. I also drink 1 lemon in a glass of water to help digest food. Lemon act as hydrochloric acid because it has the same pH of 2.

• Posted

Thanks so much Naomi ! I have indeed been very stressed and anxious and when the anxiety kicks in, I eat anything. I should try and control my eating habits and my moods as well.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.