Bloated stomach

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, since I've been diagnosed after a hospital stay in January by stomach is constantly bloated..Don't get me wrong i didn't have a flat stomach before and i am overweight however it looks like I'm pregnant...( But I'm too old to be) anyone else have this ?

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hiya yeah i would be the same but only during a flare up. Do you drink plenty of water? I was diagnosed last November i have no idea what to eat and what not to eat. How are you getting on with your food
  • Posted

Yes I am much more bloated than I was, particularly first thing in the morning before my first (of many) BM.  My trousers feel tight too, although my weight is much the same.  Like everything flew south for the winter!  I know many people struggle with their food and can't eat so much fibre, but I actually feel better with it.  I eat salads and soups but have cut out all gluten, wheat and stick to very low fat food.  I also cook by trimming everything, wrapping in tin foil with water, lemon juice and herbs and pot roasting.  No fried food, just spray with one-cal and bake.

• Posted

I can't eat salads beef any fried foods the list is endless no fizzy pop my life is totally controlled by this thing it really grinds me down. I wish I could go out and eat anything I fancy but no such luck x

• Posted

Hi yes I have terrible bloating every day. By afternoon and evening I look pregnant too and can't bear anything around my waist. Constant trapped wind which is really painful it doesn't seem to matter how I have tried to adjust my diet either. I am waiting to see my consultant after ct scan and colonoscopy in Feb. Have just got my appointment for May. 10 weeks after the tests!

• Posted

Waited nearly 6 months I had to complain in the end to get an appointment all they kept saying was you only have diverticulitis. I might as well not bothered she just said to go back in 5 years and gave me a website for wind. I hope you have better lock x
    • Posted

That is terrible advice. It always shocks me when i hear this and I can't believe how long many of you have to wait for appointments.. Diverticulitis is taken seriously here in the US (I'm assuming you are not in US) and treated immediately with CT scans, blood work and medication. Hope you all feel better soon.

• Posted

I am in the U.K. They don't seem to care One dr at my surgery said I didn't need to have an appointment I just needed to phone and talk to one of them

• Posted

I was taken to hospital in January while having my first real flair up ...Also had hole in bowel ...The hospital has been great , was discharged 19 January... Already had another CT scan, colonscopy and am back to see consultant tomorrow... I'm in Hampshire UK

• Posted

My GP doesn't seem to care was put in with the nurse practitioner last time. I try not to go don't feel like they care at all. I live in leeds West Yorkshire. I pleased the you are getting really good care

• Posted

Here in the UK, unless it is an emergency, you have to experience symptoms for at least 8 weeks before referral to hospital, I was told.  Fortunately, because of my age, after the 8 weeks I was referred for bowel cancer testing, and was seen within 2 weeks - that is the cancer protocol.  Even more fortunately it was - and I quote - "only severe Diverticular Disease, a benign condition".  Discharged to GP for all future treatment.  This is basically, phone up if you are having a flare, get antibiotics by phone, read the leaflet sent to you.  Surgery is for emergencies only - there is no such thing as elective surgery for this.  Which is why there are so many UK people on this Forum - it is the only place to share symptoms, experiences and tips.  A GP, unless they have the condition, simply does not have the in depth knowledge we have accumulated.  The NHS simply does not have the funds to monitor and treat us.  In the US, where tests, surgery and medication = lots of money for the medical professionals, the patient gets everything needed to diagnose and help them, but also the bill!

• Posted

I went to Drs last week was seen by nurse practitioner not even important enough to see a dr You are right the UK hospitals and GP don't know much about it and don't have the funds to help. It feels like I am on my own and nobody cares

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.