Bloated stomach and feeling breathless

Posted , 3 users are following.

Tonight my stomach is feeling bloated and it feels like I can't get a full breath and my anxiety is flaring up

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

When the stomach area is very bloated it can make breathing more difficult because it presses against your lower chest area. This happens to me and at first would cause anxiety. Try over the counter remedies like kaopectate and see how that works. You might have to adjust something in your diet. Try gas x and see if you get results. Hope you get well.
  • Posted

Hi Brandon98,

This happened to me for years, I had every test done and now I see a dietitian. i'm allergic yo wheat gluten etc,, if you have pain with it,please see your GP.

Hope it all goes well

• Posted

I don't have any food allergies but dairy products seem to make it worse, I also get what feels like something caught in my throat even though nothing is there

• Posted

Sorry,

Also take deep breaths. Breathe in through your nose and out through your mouth for anxiety. Will work and please see your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.