bloated swollen in pain from stomach hernia

Posted , 8 users are following.

Any helpadvice and can a hernia effect your liver my side is swollen now to everything is so swollen and hatd it hurts bad. I need a doctor please help

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi do you have an incisional hernia caused by previous surgery? if you are in a lot of pain you must see a doctor. a hernia is the result of weekness caused by over straining your stomach muscles or by abdominal surgery where the surgeon has cut through the muscle wall. A section of intestines can then slip through the muscle wall weekness. My incisional hernia is the result of an appendacitis which perforated . the hernia is now very large20x30 cm and there is a loss of domain meaning that my bowel is now on the right side of my body. I am due to have surgery august 26. because my hernia is so large it is unlikely to strangulate and I am not in any real pain. I just look as if I am pregnant on one side. See a doctor find out the type of hernia and what your options are. good luck
  • Posted

I have an incisional hernia and every now and again my stomach swells up and the pain from it and my hernia becomes very intense.  I don't know what causes it but it eventually goes away ( after 6 hours or so).  Then I get a lot of flatulence redface
    • Posted

Well mine use to swell up and tgen go down but it iant anyone it stays swollen and always in pain. And when I eat its always worse. Iam trying to find a doctor this is bad and hurts bad. 
  • Posted

Did you get this sorted out, Vickie?  Mine has been swollen and sore for the best part of 3 days now!
    • Posted

Hi lesley iam not doing good at all. A lot of bloating and pain even more when I eat or drink something. I found a dr finally and see her fri. They said if the pain is really bad get to the er. My right side is swollen now I dont no if its another hernia or my intestines. Iam getting scare. My hernia was found in 08 or 09 and it was like one of thise big marble size now its the size of a grapefruit and never goes in you can see it. I will keep u updated but if you have any info. Please share. You need to get to a dr asap dont let it go like me. 
    • Posted

Lesley, it has been sorted out now I have a incisional hernia and a small umbilical hernia iam being operated on sept 5th. How are you doing ?
    • Posted

I was wondering how you were doing now. I have an incisional hernia that is causing me problems too--bloating, back and stomach pain, etc  Did you get yours fixed, and is all the symptoms gone now?
    • Posted

Hi carolyn i was wondering have u had an.operation to sort ur incisional hernia out and if so is it all better now x
    • Posted

Hi, Chinagirl! No, I haven’t got it fixed yet. I’m just being very careful what foods I eat, and the most important thing, how much food I eat at one time. If my stomach gets full, it makes it hard to breathe because the hernia pushes my stomach up in my chest. Not eating certain foods helps a bit with the bloating and gerd. Overall, I’m eating only whole, unprocessed food, and no meat or dairy. This hernia has caused all sorts of strange symptoms. When I eat wrong or eat too much, I get dizzy, ears hurt, sinus like problems, etc. along with bloating, nausea, stomach and back pain. 
  • Posted

That's brilliant news, Vickie.

Mine isn't so good.  I saw the surgeon last Thursday and, unbelievably, the hernia refused to pop out for him.  So I am waiting for an appointment for an ultrasound!  If the ultrasound shows a hernia, then I'll go on the waiting list.  Since my appontment my hernia has become very painful and I'm presently on the sick.

The surgeon believes that something is causing a blockage and says that it sounds like a hernia but could be adhesions.  As my blockages unblock themselves in time he doesn't see them as an emergency.

My GP says that if I time it right then a and e might operate on the hernia.  But the hernia must not go back in itself while I'm at the hospital and I mustn't have eaten for at least 6 hours.

I'm just not sure what to do for the best as I haven't even got a date for the ultrasound yet

• Posted

I have had three surgeries on my diaphragm hernia,,,now I have another diaphragm hernia ,,,a incesional hernia and two navel hernias..

Look 9mths pregnant...should I be worried??

• Posted

Sheila have you had your hernia looked at to identify what type of hernia you actually have? I can recommend a great surgeon, Dr. Robert Tomas, that does no mesh hernia repair. He's an excellent surgeon who does specializes in cases like yours. 239.243.8222 its worth a call if nothing else. Good luck!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.