Bloating?

Posted , 5 users are following.

So this is all new to me. Among other health issues since January I also had hormone levels show pre menopause and my period was off late in January and February and very short for me. And then I got it again February 28 which seemed like a normal one for me. I thought the change was from being sick. But now I haven't gotten it since February 28 and no sign of it either. I did do a home pregnancy test which is negative. I have an OB appointment Thursday which I'm sure I will get a work up for it. But I have had symptoms that they weren't sure what was going on. I had other things going on to so not sure if this has caused the other problems or what. But I feel like I am blowing up like a balloon ! I am heavy but just the past 2 years or so my weight ha stained around my belly I never had this usually it's hip and butt and legs. But now my belly feels so bloated like I am going to busy. I almost feel a little nauseated and belch to help relieve it. Is this normal!?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Lisa. I also have bloating and nausea, burping. How old are you?
    • Posted

I just turned 45 a couple of weeks ago. Your symptoms just sounded very familiar to me. I did the pregnancy test too. Lol
  • Posted

I absolutely have the bloating - no matter what I eat or how much I exercise it won't go away. And I have felt the nausea lately as well. I thought it might be due to the constipation which is also a new thing for me - but i started taking a fiber supplement to help and the bloat is still there.

• Posted

hi.  just saw this post but I now know that the bloating I had from age 40-46 was peri menopause.  I am 49 now and this has gone, but I had it for those amount of years, so with your age, it seems that it is common and is a sign of low progesterone which is the first hormone to start dropping off.  I only learned this recently.  I felt quite ok during those years apart from the bloat, weight gain, but felt normal -ish.  could cope with the slight changes in periods during this time too.   I hate the stage I'm at now, it's a horrible business.  Get it seen to now, whatever way you can.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.