Bloating

Posted , 6 users are following.

does anyone experience upper body bloating with peri? I came off the pill last year and not had a period since. Could peri have been hidden by being on pill? Hot flushes day and night. Also can be freezing in night and within seconds so hot it's unbearable. I am 48 thank you

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I started with my symptoms 10 months ago with the peri, and suffered a lot of new happenings!!!!!!!. Settled down then re-occurred again with new symptoms and same one's occurring. Bloating yes I get that with my chest with acid reflux which I do suffer with aching shoulders /arms and terrible migranes ( again suffer since becoming peri occurng more frequently.) I'm 46 and last week my GP confirmed I was peri!!!!!. X
  • Posted

hi i suffer with the bloat to but i found out i have the h pelori  bacteria so i had a strong course of antibiotics i finished them last week and i do not seem to be bloating like i did befor. but as of this moment im bloating but i think its with my periods im having them like constantly with a break of about two to three days. i was geting heartburn and a feeling of somthing in my throat aswell befor the h pelori was found.

i have noticed iv put on weight in the middle so tnat dosnt help if theres bloating.

• Posted

It could be the pill because when you are on the pill it does make a person bloat and hold water talk to your doctor about this 
    • Posted

hi im not on the pill i havnt taken the pill since i was 16 it made me ill

the dr did start me on a progesterone pill one a day to try to stop my bleeding but thats it. i only started that last week.

iv been bloating for years. dr told me last week the bloating with ibs symptoms is because of the h pelori bacteria found in my stomach.

aparently 75 percent of population have it and most dont know it or have symptoms. but symptoms are heart burn indigestion bloating feeling full gas ibs symptoms.

but i have bloat in a diff way when i have a period i cam tell the diff. and since finishing my antibiotics for the bacteria im not geti g indigestion anymore or bloati g the same. i also sufferd bad breath and thats gone to

so some with bloat could actualy have h pylori in there tummys.

plus it wont help if you have that and also bloat with periods

• Posted

It could be the progesterone pill that ismaking you bloat progesterone pills can have that side effect of bloating and water weight gain
  • Posted

There are so many symptoms of perimenopause due to the shifts in hormones.   Bloating and other digestive complaints are common, along with the hot flashes and night sweats.   It really all is a sign of an imbalance.   There are great alternatives out there to help you balance your hormones and get you feeling like your old self. 

My personal favorite is Femmenessence!

Of course, bloat can be caused by food sensitivities, stress and other things as well.  So check those out.   A good probiotic is useful.  Peppermint and ginger can temporaily help but it won't finx the problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.