BLOATING

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi ladies i have a question i go to the gym 3 times a week eat quiet healthy but a lattly my tummy is swollen at the top any ideas xx

0 likes, 19 replies

19 Replies

• Posted

Me too!  It's my daughters wedding in August and I don't want to look six month pregnant. Not bought an outfit yet so hoping for tips on flattening the bloat? 
  • Posted

Hi Bev

I had some reall stomach issues for many months. The one thing that helped me was Probiotics 5 Billion. Only took maybe 3 days and I really saw a huge inprovement. Maybe try that

• Posted

Depends on who you talk to. Some say on an empty stomach so the stomach acid doesn't stop them in their tracks. But most say with or after breakfast.
    • Posted

If I were you, I would take probiotics at a different time. I take mine with lunch half way through. I am kinda a weiner when it comes to taking pills at the same time
  • Posted

I have a response being moderated, but another suggestion is to kick up your workout routine. Add weight training, another day, increase your intensity and try HIIT training. You can look that up. Basically, your body becomes adjusted to your exercise routine and ends up just maintaining. You need to kick it up a notch and do something different to increase your metabolism.
  • Posted

Don't know if it will help, but - I weighed 13 Stone (182lb) at Christmas, with a tendancy to end the day with a big, bloated tummy. I now weigh 11 st 10lb (164lb) and my jeans are sliding down!

How did I do it? I cut out sugar and sweeties, cut down on bread and pastries, no highly processed food and I now eat a diet with grass fed meat and organic dairy. I feel terrific, (except for the joint pain) and I have more energy.

If I want a snack or 'nibbles' it's live, organic yoghurt and mixed seeds and fruit, very filling and utterly yummy. Good luck, you can do it!

• Posted

I'm having severe bloating making me breathless at times. Been worse since I finished a period after missing one for six months. I thought having a period would help but my body is going crazy right now.

The fatigue is debilitating this week. Again I thought having a period after so long I would feel better but I actually feel worse.

Any ideas as to why ladies x

• Posted

Same here! Just finished period yesterday,. Bloated stomach and breathless!!,.but actually less pain in joints?!
    • Posted

It's just horrible. The fatigue and nausea is sending my anxiety through the roof.

I've been in peri nine years. I've convinced myself I'm seriously ill.

I still can't believe hormones can make you feel this bad.

I keep going docs but all blood tests blood pressure pulse all normal x

• Posted

I feel bloated heaps too. It makes me feel breathless and 'full' sometimes. I have become more sluggish digestive wise since all these peri symptoms kicked in. I have never had a problem with this before now sad
    • Posted

Try adding a fiber supplement. And cut down on sugar and carbs. That might help a lot. I had the same problem in peri.
    • Posted

I prefer to get my fibre from fresh vegetables. I wonder sometimes about fibre supplements - what's in them?

My mum eats a well known bran-based cereal. I always tell her, if she runs out she could always eat the box as it probably has more nutrition AND fibre!lol

• Posted

Well yes, always best to get nutrition from foods. But id thats not working, no reason not to try something that might help it out. Better that than to be miserable!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.