Bloating

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi , I’ve had IBS for several years , but lately my tummy feels uncomfortable and bloaty if I wear my jeans , (I also have health anxiety so was worried it was bowel cancer or ovarian cancer - but blood tests all came back normal so trying not to stress about other things ) , I’m ok in summer dresses etc but my jeans feel really tight and have done for about 3 weeks , and I’ve had diarrhoea and gassy symptoms all week , this is only my 3rd flair up since Christmas so I’ve done quite well but wondered if this uncomfortable bloaty feeling is normal ? And what helps ?? - possibly the middle age spread and I need to give up my skinny jeans but not ready for that yet ( I’m 43) or Pre menopause symptoms ?? Any advice appreciated, thank you 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Ahhh someone who understands. I also suffer from is and health anxiety!! I am always gassy some days are better than others and I am also 40 and enjoy my skinny jeans. Some days are better than others. A heating pad helps me tremendous when I'm really bloated and gassy. I also have had blood test to rule other things out. I just think it's a part of our ibs especially during a bout! If you don't mind me asking what's meds are you on for your ibs and are you sticking to fodmap diet?

• Posted

Hi, so glad it’s not only me !! I don’t take regular meds but just take peppermint caps or buscapan if I get bad - although not convinced either really work ! , unfortunately my health anxiety makes me automatically think I’m dying , even though my sensible head tells me it’s just my ibs , my diet flair up foods tend to be peas, sweet corn , popcorn , pizza/ pies, baked beans, and nuts - but I love them all so eat them and suffer lol , I do think some of it might just be me getting older and fatter , but I’m in denial about that being the issue , hope you feel better soon 
  • Posted

IBS can cause bloating.  Try a food diary to see if a food is causing it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.