Bloating

Posted , 6 users are following.

i have been diagnosed with acid reflux and been given ranitidine 150mg to take, so far i have noticed a huge difference but im extremely bloated and continuously burping and get relief for a short time then comes back, is their any way to get rid of the bloating?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

almost same problem from 15days

diagnosed with acid reflux

due to extreme burpings(from 19

8 month) and feeling off fullness before finishing meal plus bloating n nausea from last 15 days

gp gave me omeprazole and dompi

only nausea gone rest is still there

tmw . m going to gp again

let's see

• Posted

almost same problem from 15days

diagnosed with acid reflux

due to extreme burpings(from 18month) and feeling off fullness before finishing meal plus bloating n nausea from last 15 days

gp gave me omeprazole and dompi

only nausea gone rest is still there

tmw . m going to gp again

let's see

• Posted

Keep a food diary, believe me when you notice your symptoms in conjunction with what you eat it makes a huge difference. and ranitidine is a good med for starters but Dexilant is stronger and better. Zantac is an H2 but Dexilant is a proton pump inhibitor you may need a PPI to cover all your symptoms not just an H2. Good luck I know the feeling it's very frustrating.

• Posted

thanks for your response, i noticed that shortly after eating supper the bloating went away for the most part, i will say that I would rather have bloating then a stomach full of acid, before being on the medicine every time I would burp or lay down anything in my stomach would come up and i also had to take antacids many times and seemed like i couldn't get rid of it

• Posted

Maybe the antacid is causing the bloating; check the medication leaflet for side effects. Did you have bloating before you took the antacid ? Maybe try milk which is great for acid reflux.

• Posted

i had some bloating before the medication, im also lactose intolerant so i can't drink milk, today is my second day on my new meds and actually feeling better, i have a little bit of bloating but not as bad and haven't had to take anything else for my stomach as far as antacids go

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.