Bloating after bowel movement

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello anyone have bloating which comes on after opening bowels.  I have read of others on other forums who have this problem but there does not seem to be any reason or remedy.  

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

The bloating after a bowel movement may be caused by the spasming of the bowel due to IBS especially if you are having incomplete evacuation.  Maybe try more fruit or a short term laxative.
  • Posted

Hello, I usually get bloating after bowel movement if everything has not come out. otherwise, it is flat. I have a flat stomach but since this condition (from taking too many antibiotics, per docs not knowing what I have) I am bloated if I do not have a bowel movement. Eat spinach, lettuce, carrots helps move things along the colon. unless you are allergic to any of the above... and avoid sugars when you can. I am now on digestive enzymes and refrigerated probiotic from better GASTRO.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.