BLOATING AND DISTENDED ABDOMEN

Posted , 7 users are following.

DIAGNOSED WITH DD WHILE HAVING A HYSTERECTOMY 6 MONTHS AGO.  BEFORE HYSTERECTOMY SUFFERED WITH SEVERE BLOATING AND A DISTENDED ABDOMEN.  OBVIOUSLY FROM THE FEMALE ISSUES AND DD.  NOW 6 MONTHS LATER, A FLARE UP AND THE HUGE ABDOMEN (I LOOK 9 MONTHS PREGNANT) IS BACK.  IS THIS NORMAL WITH DD?  I SEE MY GASTRO DR ON THURSDAY.  AFRAID I HAVE STOMACH CANCER OR SOMETHING HORRIBLE LIKE THAT.  THE BLOATING IS UNBELIEVEABLE.  I AM A TINY PERSON.  NO FEVER OR BLEEDING, JUST THE PAIN AND TUMMY IS VERY SORE TO THE TOUCH.  RIGHT ABOVE MY BELLY BUTTON.  THE CONSTIPATION IS A CONSTANT BATTLE.  ANY IDEAS? 0:-(

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Try to get in to doc asap. They might tell you to hospital. CALL YOUR DOC RIGHT AWAY
  • Posted

Bloating is normal for me. I too look pregnant. I read all the white stuff we eat turns to gas and if you are not passing stool you will get more gas. It is worrisome that you are constipated as that is not good. I get DD with no fever but still end up on antibiotics. So a trip the doctor or the hospital should be happening don't wait until Thursday but still definately go to gastro.

Are you on liquids? That would be the first thing. Your doc or hospital can tell you what to take for constipation. I am in Canada and I have been told Miralax but I didn't need it but I do take Benefiber as a stool softener.

I hope you are able to get some professional help with how to deal with this round of constipation. The gas will go on its own eventually.

• Posted

I am so sorry you still are having discomfort.  I get the bloating when I have a fare up of. DD.

Your doctor is the best one to help you out.  Prayers for answers.  

• Posted

I agree with Edward. I personally would not wait until Thursday.🤗🤗

• Posted

I have the same problem, I just cant seem to get rid of mine its constant, wake up with flattish tum, and grows throughout the day and under my ribs, I have started taking buscopan which has helped, I use laxido, and drink lots more water, im hoping this will start to help me. I think its just trial and era and finding something that helps you. It certainly gets you down. Good luck hope you find something that helps you

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.