Bloating And Feeling Sick

Posted , 8 users are following.

I had my gallbladder removed almost 6 months ago and

I was slowly starting to eat small amounts until about 2 months ago. I now can barely eat anything, I manage a small amount of mashed potato and then I feel so bloated around my belly button

Incisions , I then start to feel hot and then I start feeling really sick .

I am waiting to see a gastroenterologist but I have another month

to wait. Anyone else suffering the same ?I seem to have had a change in personality since the operation. I go to pieces and cry

every day . I'm just not coping. My doctor just keeps telling me to wait until I see the gastroenterologist but the weight is dropping off me and I feel so exhausted through lack of food.

Has anyone felt / feeling the same ?I don't know where to turn

for help and advice . I'm so scared of what might be wrong with me.

Any advice appreciated . Thanks.

0 likes, 13 replies

13 Replies

• Posted

Since your primary concern is bloating...can you switch on to Paleo diet? No grains in any form and there are certain vegetables to avoid etc..why don't you try that for a month or 2 to see if it helps.. my father age around 65, he is on Paleo and he said it greatly helped with bloating and acid reflux.He is doing Paleo for 2 yes now, he is energetic,no more bloating and acid reflux.please give a try for a month or 2, nothing to lose.

• Posted

I don't eat grains or vegetables , can't eat anything without

feeling extremely bloated and sick.I have the same symptoms

even though my gallbladder is gone.

• Posted

So sorry that you're going through this, Linda.  You'll be in my prayers. xx

• Posted

Thank you Lynda , I need prayers right now .

I have an appointment with a gastroenterologist but it's 4 weeks away

and I feel too ill to wait , I thought about seeing a GP and asking if they

can have me admitted to hospital to find out what's going on.

I don't know what else to do .

• Posted

I understand. Despite how desperate you feel, I think a gastroenterologist might be your best bet.  Suggest you try to wait for that appointment.  Suppose you get a crap gp, who decides there's nothing wrong with you? Or the hospital decides there's nothing wrong and sends you packing? If you are in the UK, no one seems in any particular hurry to find out what's wrong--or effect a cure. xx 

• Posted

Hi I am no expert but my mother is awaiting an op for her glabladder to be removed. Shes got no appetite and is sick at times. Shes weak too and Ishes been told to have an op in a couple of weeks but I feel she needs to be seen sooner . If you are feeling hot and sick you may have an infection, it would be best to bypass your doctor and go to A and E . Its important to find if you have any post operative issues as it can be serious if left .best wishes.
  • Posted

Hi Linda also avoid fatty foods. If you look online it may tell you whats best to eat and to avoid after galbladder removed.but you sound like you need to go to A and E if your so ill.
  • Posted

Hi Linda,

Did you have the same bloating/sickness issues before your Gall bladder surgery ? Are you taking any meds for the bloating ? I had my Gall Bladder removed 6 weeks back and the 2nd week after surgery, I was feeling much better but then the 3rd and 4th week were very bad. Exactly as you mentioned except that I also had severe pain. I'm much better now. My doctors have told me that the recovery period is different for each individual. My cousin was on a strict diet and felt regularly sick for 2 years but then she is absolutely fine now and eats everything including fatty foods.

That said, your situation does seem to be severe and you should get yourself checked. 

The general problem that I feel is faced by everyone is that for some reason our doctors just don't understand what we are going through and just tell us to be patient.

Anyways praying for you to feel better 

• Posted

Hi , yes I had sickness and bloating before I had my gallbladder removed.

I'm not taking anything for it . I just don't know what to eat , I feel like I want to keep snacking but at a total loss on what foods to try , any suggestions would be great.I'm always hungry which gives me indigestion but again don't know what to eat. I'm so tired of toast !Everything seems to upset my stomach.

• Posted

how is your bloating and burping symptoms now ? and are you able to eat normal fatty foods ?
  • Posted

Can anyone give me some ideas on what to eat ?

I can only manage 1 thing at a time. Nothing greasy , spicy or acidic .

If it helps anyone I found Rakusen crackers , only made with flour and water !

I can't tolerate any other crackers.

• Posted

Can you try boiled rice soaked in water(should not be refrigerated) previous day and eating next day?
  • Posted

Linda, it’s only been about 6 weeks for me, but I am able to eat normally... I do however, have pain(s) near the Incision sights; especially near my umbilicus ( belly button)... I was told by the surgeon at my 4 week Post-op follow up that it was likely due to scar tissue formation... Anyway, I wish you all the best...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.