Bloating and relentless burps

Posted , 5 users are following.

I've recently have had intense indigestion and bloating after every single meal no matter what I eat or how little I eat. I'm 20 year old girl and in college. I have a very balanced diet and am not under or overweight. However, my stomach bloats like a balloon when I eat. It gets very hard and aches for hours.

I burp very loudly and frequently, even after water. The burping hurts when I hold it in or try to close my mouth to burp. It leaves a burning sensation in my chest. I feel like I always have to burp and sometimes try to push as much gas out through these burps but the gas seems never ending. My stomach can only deflate after push out my burps for a really long time.

I tried not eating since the bloating hurts so bad. But all I get is even bigger burps from being hungry and a burning sensation in my stomach and throat.

The bloating gives me sharp pain as well. I went to my doctor about this when it wasn't as severe and nothing was found. I take Gas-X and it doesn't help. I dont know what to do

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

I've had constant burping like this and bloating as well. Do you notice that stress makes it worse? It does for me. Have you been to the doctor?

• Posted

Hi carriecox333

Try using 'Windeze' a product you can buy from the pharmacist/chemist or popular supermarkets for bloating and excessive gas....

• Posted

Try a food diary to see if a food is the problem and avoid gassy drinks and vegetables such as broccoli, cabbage and Brussels Sprouts.p which can cause gas.Go back to your doctor.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.