Bloating and sleep

Posted , 5 users are following.

I always feel so bloated it's starting to effect my sleep in that I feel I have to sleep on my back as my belly feels too heavy if I don't. I haven't had a period since December.

Anyone got any advice on how to get rid of this

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Any chance your pregnant? Xx
    • Posted

Actually wonen have gotton pregnant much older then 48. Theres a term,change of life baby. Just thought id ask. Xx
    • Posted

Hope I didn't come across as rude, lee12629, I appreciate any comments and I can imagine why a lot of ladies would assume it was peri and not pregnancy.

Only had pap smear recent so I know definitely not pregnant

• Posted

Hi greeglass,

R u having tea or last bit of food and leaving it a few hours before you go to bed? 

Having somthing late at night can effect your tummy?!!

think it's roughly 2 hours??

maybe acid reflux? I suffer terribly with this?!!

if it's affecting your sleep to maybe changing your diet as I'm guessing your in peri and with no period for 6-7 months, I would also get this checked out by the GP if u have reflux there ids medication for this!

hope this helps. 

Good luck.

• Posted

Thanks Shelly0069, I was suffering with terrible heartburn but this seems to have eased

Will definitely give the hot water and lemon a go

• Posted

No caffeine and lots of hot water & lemon really helps - very very healthy diet of cutting out everything - eat early at night or not at all - keep away from diary and sugar too - it sounds horrific cutting it all out but it really helps. Salad and fresh fish/chicken - keep away from wheat as well Sorry! But it worked for me so good luck

• Posted

Thanks for the tips, glad you got relief. Not going to be easy but I'm definitely going to give it a go

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.