Bloating and stomach growth

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi,

I have been on Orlistat now for just over a week and I have had the side effects about 3 times now as I tried to cut down all my fat. My main issue was the comfort food, such as pizza, milkshake, pringles and mainly ice cream. So I have stopped having those now. But over the past couple of days my stomach has seemed bigger than normal and I feel hungry all the time and a little bloated. I have not been having diarrhoea, but I have been more constipated even when the side effects are in place.

Is all this normal or have I been over thinking, as I do that a lot. Before I started the tablets I was constantly over thinking about what would happen and how bad everything was going to happen.

Also I found that I am weighing myself everyday and I can't see a difference and because I don't get much side effects I wonder if it is actually working, and also I didn't get to ask questions to my doctors about the side effects, for example; how soon does the side effects kick in after eating fat? and how long does it take for the side effects to go away?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Edited

The side effects don't go away until you stop eating fat, I'm a little confused as to why you are not getting Dioreah with the amount of fat you have been eating. I ate next to no fat and had seepage so gave up fairly soon

• Edited

I haven't been eating that much fat since being on the tablets but when I have had too much fat I haven't had diahorrea I just get lots of oil and fart alot and that's it, it goes within a few hours so I dont know if it is working or not

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.