Bloating - do you guys get it daily??

Posted , 5 users are following.

I start off ok but it builds as the day goes on. I'm really slim too so it looks aweful sad

1 like, 14 replies

14 Replies

• Posted

I have a good friend tthat had this problem. They checked her for everything possible and even too out her gall bladder. Final decision was for her to cut carbs and gluten. Very very hard to do but it has helped. She did lose a lot of weight though. It could be lactose intolerance too. Best thing to do is cut those things out one at a time and see if it's one od them. Also try taking a probiotic. Take it for a couple of months before you give up on it.
  • Posted

Hi , Ellagraig , yes i agree with becky however , i became gluten and dairy intolorant 10 months ago when my hormones started shifting , but i also lost 7 lbs.. didnt really needed to lose but i felt a whole lot better my stomach was very bloated ,, now i always have had a flat stomach before all the peri issues , and even today without glluten and dairy i wake up with a flat tummy and as the day goes by i still get a little puffy around the waist ,, and its estrogen,, especially when its high ,,, theirs a that point nothing we could do im train 5-6 days wk. ab exercise , run. yoga and still no way around that ,,, but do try lactose free  and gluten free for at least 1 to 2 wks  (NO CHEATING) ..

best of luck , feel better !

• Posted

Hi terry and BEcky.

that makes a lot of sense, I guess the hormone shift could cause intolerances, I kept looking for a reason as i had a hair allergy test done which says I was dairy intolerant but I WOULDNT believe it after 35 years of tolerating dairy just fine sad thank you for the new insight . Also estrogen... Yes I read the rise and fall causes digestive inbalance so I wonder if there's some wonder herb out there that balances hormones.. My naturopath said vitex/chaste berry will raise progesterone and balance estrogen so I have some en route .. Thanks again.

middle I suspect it's gas? As i do have copious amounts of gas.

Elizabeth that sounds bad, I hope you feel better soon.

• Posted

I have the same problem and it is driving me mad. When the bloating is bad so is my refllux. Last weekend it went down, I was 4lb lighter and felt so much better, it is all back now.

I don't eat bread and not much wheat. I'm trying cutting out lactose this coming week to see if that helps.

Do you have wind with your bloat or do you think it is more water retention?

• Posted

Yes i do and i am in menopause and have been having pain on my left side to where i feel nauseated, have diarrhea and just can't eat a lot i went to the hospital they did a CT scan of my stomach to where they cleaned me out they said all they saw was a something on left ovary then they did a ultra sound and said it was cysts on my ovaries 

i could not eat any thing my left side is still in pain and i feel like these cysts need to be removed to make sure they are not cancerous. 

I can not take HRTs due to being diabetic, having high blood pressure, and hypothyroidism so i don't know what to do any more 

Is any one on here who is diabetic, and have high blood pressure and hypothyroidism who does take HRTs and how does it affect you 

• Posted

They can tell in the ultrasound if they are just cysts. I have had them and they come and go. So I don't think they need to be removed and unless they are very large, that's not what you are feeling. Do you have IBS? Very common to have lower left pain with IBS. And then worrying about it makes it worse. I had all of that happen to me. How about a colonoscopy? Diverticulosis can cause some of those symptoms. Due to bloating and gas, my doctor has prescribed a new antibiotic that is supposed to be very good at treating those symptoms due to IBS. I'm anxious to try it but waiting on the insurance company to see if they will pay for it.
    • Posted

The ER doctor did not say i had these in the cat scan yesterday she said i had cyst on my ovaries that colud be making it hurt she told me to get it checked in 8 weeks 

I take famotidine for acid reflux i have medicaid and medicare it seems like my pepcid is not working with my heart burn and i tsake it twice a day i don't know what else to do they did not say at the hospital if i had an infection and i was there from 9:30 in the morning until 5 in the evening they gave me a drink to clean myself out and i was having diarrhea all day with my hemmrrhoids acting up like crazy 

i don't know what to do i am so confused about HRTs because i know they can help with cysts on the ovaries but what can i do becaue of my diabetes i can not take them 

• Posted

FODMAP diet gives some great results for IBS. We think lots of fruit and veg is healthy but it depends very much on which ones.

This weekend I've switched from greek yoghurt on my cereal to coconut milk and am having my tea black rather than with milk. Will see if this helps. The milk in tea does sometimes make me feel nauseous but black tea isn't so this could be a good sign.

This morning I was 5lb heavier than a week ago and look at least 4 months pregnant. I'm in the second half of my cycle, I think.

• Posted

Middle do you get any pain with your bloating?

yes I've been to,d to start fodmap. It's weird one day an orange will be fine then the next bloating and gas after eating it :s

what gets me is even scientific literature States a link between menopause hormone changes and gastric disturbance but you ask. Dr this and they say " no, there's no such link" ..

• Posted

I don't get much pain at all.  If I do it tends to be left side where my ribs stop, colon bends there and I'm sure it is wind trapped in the bend!

I am sure it is more hormones than anything else.  Out of interest would you say you was a flexible/bendy person or not?

• Posted

Joint Hypermobility Syndome - 

JHS can cause symptoms that affect your digestive system, because the muscles that squeeze food through your digestive system can weaken.

I've been looking into it recently and the people I know who have reflux/IBS tend to be bendy.

• Posted

That makes sense... I had this energy medicine biofeedback scan. Has no scientific basis but... It did clearly state I have low stomach acid and slow gastric peristalis so weakened muscles makes a lot of sense. I'm double jointed too I'f that falls into this category
    • Posted

I mentioned in my comment an alternative diagnosis of slow motility but it's being moderated..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.