Bloating, gas, weight loss,no hunger pangs and possible absorption issues

Posted , 4 users are following.

This started almost 6 years ago. I have had endoscopy and colonoscopy done and nothing comes up. I think it is impacting the absorption of my iron pills.My stomach sticks and it bloats to one side sometimes and I feel no hunger pangs and I have constant gas. When I touch my stomach it doesnt feel normal and feels kinda lumpy and doctors say its normal. I have got myself checked for Crohns, Celiac and IBS..nothing shows up. I don't know what to do and this is impacting my life in a major way. Anyone else  dealing with the same?

I have severe iron deficiency, B12 issues and severe vitamin  D deficiency..

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Oh and I also feel like food is not going straight..and it goes on my side sometimes..
  • Posted

If you have IBS, nothing will show up because it is a functional disorder and doesn't affect the structure of your colon. If you have vitamin and iron  deficiencies, this may be the source of your symptoms?  What does your doctor say?

• Posted

The doctors have just told me to compensate with the supplements and can't find a reason why I am so severely deficient. I am thinking of going to a naturopath, although I don't know if they are any good

• Posted

You should have probiotic it will help with absorbtion
  • Posted

I actually take probiotics but no impact

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.