Bloating, no appetite, gas and pain for months

Posted , 6 users are following.

hello all!

im seeking answers for symptoms that have been irking me for months. started in november with a complete loss of appetite and bloating/distension. i have a feeling of fullness in my upper abdomen (right under my ribcage) after i eat and get hungry after taking just a couple of bites of a meal. there is a very slight tension/pain that is more severe in my right side compared to other areas. i feel pain when i press down on my stomach all over, and usually feel as if there is a weight inside my stomach walking around all day. i burp and pass gas a lot. im uncomfortable all the time. this has really upended my life since i run cross country and track and field and ive been unable to perform as i used to for months now. i went to see a gastroenterologist in december and she gave me pepcid, then when it didnt help went back to college and saw a different guy, he thought it was ulcers and gave me pantoprazole (protonix). neither of them did anything. i tried gluten free and dairy free, to no avail. anyone experience anything similar? im 21 ans otherwise healthy, but at this point im convinced im dying.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

get bloods done sounds like it could be a problem with your liver or gallbladder.. it's possible that it's just too much stomach acid that's damaged the lining of your stomach.. especially if you wake up with acid reflux? but to me it sounds like gallbladder tbh, get a blood test done and try taking some ibropufen incase it's just a inflammation somewhere..

• Posted

everyone thinks they are dying when they are scared but,you really need to have tests done to put your mind at rest..please go to your doc and ask what tests you can have for definitive results.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.