Bloating, Stomach Discomfort, Heartburns. Happening for 3 days, what is happening?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Two days ago, I woke up to heartburns, it was a pretty intense one and it continued 5 more times as I lied down in discomfort. I got up and it stopped but it would occasionally hurt once in a while during the day while I was sitting upright or standing.

The 2nd day continued, same way I woke up and the burning continued throughout the day.

3rd day, no more sever burning, and I woke up to nothing but a bloated stomach and a lump in my throat. Occasionally, I would get mild discomfort of what seemed to be a heart burn but wasnt really one. It would bring pain for 3-6 seconds and go away, and causing a tingling sensation in my neck and right shoulder.

Its continuing today and I'm not really sure whats happening. Ive been doing some research and I am thinking it is GERD, but also linking my symptoms to dangerous things like esophagus cancer etc. Which is getting me anxious.

My question is: What should I do? What might it be? and should I go see a doctor? Especially with the coronavirus outbreak going on as I live in an affected area.

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi JohnSherm

Regarding the lump in your throat ask your doctor to refer you to ENT (Ear, Nose and Throat). Your symptoms are associated with acid reflux. This happened to my daughter she had reflux and bad cough and lump in her throat and she went to A and E and from there was referred to ENT....

• Posted

There are a lot of good meds available without a prescription. Discuss your symptoms with a pharmacist. If you don't get relief see a doctor.

• Posted

Hi, some other things you may want to check out, is your thyroid just in case there is a nodule on it that is sticking into your throat, also the swallow test, ct scan with contrast, and the endoscope/coloscopy. Do one at a time and see what the results are, also with the tingling sensation and shoulder issue I would also make sure your heart is ok as well. It most likely is so dont be scared, just a precaution. I recommend having all the tests done before taking any of the meds like PPI's. Tums and roll aids by your bed may help, r u taking another kind of medication and are u eating before bed and if so what is it...if no answers also do that hida gallbladder test as well just to be sure.

• Posted

Sounds like it may be acid reflux and gastritis, have you tried anything like nexium? I would recommend trying it if you haven't already, also try kefir yoghurt drink every day to help with the bloating. Avoid smoking, alcohol, fatty foods, sugar, spicy foods and caffeine. If after trying this you still are having problems, then contact your doctor. You may need an upper endoscopy.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.