Blocked ears and ringing

Posted , 23 users are following.

Is anyone experiencing any ear problems in perimenopause? My ears feel plugged and constantly ringing, I hear my heart beats in right ear. My GP checked my ears, said nothing wrong. Is this another crazy weird symptom of perimenopause?

6 likes, 22 replies

22 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hello, Yes, I get this from time to time.  Pulsatile tinnitus is what it’s called, when you hear your heartbeat.  Sometimes I get the whooshing and jingle bells too...especially if a migraine is brewing.  Thought I was getting an aneurysm...nope, just crazy hormones.  I run a fan at night to drown it out. 😀

• Edited

Yes I get that too. It doesn’t bother me though as my other symptoms like fatigue depression etc are so much worse and has limited my life for 5 months .  I can handle a bit of ringing in the ears 
  • Posted

I have suffered from tinnitus since my childhood due to illness. I have been used to it, but with peri it worsened. From my experience, mild exercise for neck helps. Anxiety makes it worse. Loud noises are not good, but some level of white noise helps too. 
  • Posted

I often feel like I have water in my ears.  When I swallow I get that rattling sound like if I had been swimming and got the water in there.  I am super careful now to not get water in my ears - but it is still there once in a while.
  • Posted

I get it periodically. Never experience this before now. It's horrible and i hate it because it makes me think something is wrong. It's very weird!!

• Posted

Yes, I get the occasional ringing in the ears. But like lori I also feel like there is water in my right ear(it's always the right ear 90 percent of the time). But also like lori I'm too busy trying to keep the depression, health anxiety, and regular anxiety at bay. Lol!

• Edited

I too have the Pulsatile tinnitus in my left ear. It started about 5 yrs ago but has become worse in menopause, this week I’m experiencing the fullness in my ears, feel I’m under water and I’ve been dizzy and shivering cold all day today, I don’t know how I’ve got through work. Sometimes it gets so bad I feel ill have a stroke but this has happened so many times and I’ve not had a stroke so I expect it’s all in my head.

i hope you feel better soon and try not to let it get you down. X

• Posted

It might be....i have that too!! 
  • Posted

I have those symptoms too... not often but it definitely happens and scares me. Had my ears checked too...nothing wrong.
  • Edited

My ears feel like cotton is stuck in there.I hear clicking every once in awhile. Ears have been checked,doc says everything is fine. It's annoying.

• Posted

I've had this in my right ear since January, sometimes it's mild but sometimes my ear feels plugged as if there is water in it and when I go to bed it clicks for about 20 minutes. Sometimes when it feels really plugged I take sinus decongestants, they seem to help. After 5 years of bad anxiety and low moods that finally settled, I can handle this syptoms, but it is a little annoying.

• Posted

Yes I can handle it too ... nothing seems such a big deal after you’ve gone through terrible anxiety . That’s the worst . 
  • Posted

I have this too. My ears are often clogged. I get sinus headaches and dizziness too. I’ve had my ears checked and they’re always clear. I think it’s connected to TMJ disorder. My jaw is often clenched and sore. When I force myself to relax my jaw and do a few simple stretches it helps. I use a decongestant every once in a while when I’m convinced my ears are clogged. It seems to help too. Power of suggestion maybe...
  • Edited

Yes when my moods drop one of the first signs I have is a swooshing in my left ear. It's very obvious and it's absolutely bazaar. My moods are a lot better now and the swooshing has almost gone. I asually keep that symptom to myself as it's so hard to believe..

• Edited

Yes my friend had that, I sometimes get a clicking in right ear!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.