Blocked ears and worst monsoons ever, HELP?

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello kind people, hope you're doing good. I am writing here in hope to connect with people who can help analyse what's wrong with my ear. It started 3 months back when I dived into water, My ears hurt so bad I cried and water got stuck/created a blocked feeling. I thought it had almost healed until now. I had bad cold throat some days back, took medicines for the cold BUT my ears are blocked than ever. Also, there is constant cough in my throat. Things tried so far:

1) Eating spicy food in attempt to make the ear pop

2) Applying heat behind the ear

3) Pinching my nose and inhaling and exhaling (the ear makes sounds during this) 

4) Swallowing 

5) Visited an ent. She carried out Tympanometry and the other basic ear check, results are fine. 

MY EAR IS BLOCKED, IT DOES NOT FEEL GOOD. WHAT SHOULD I DO?

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi did they give you have a hearing test with the ENT and do you feel like you are not hearing as well as you usually do? It's hard to imagine that tympanometry is normal if you hear sounds from your ear when pinching your nose and inhaling/exhaling. What has the ENT done to help you and what do they think is causing this feeling if it's not blocked eustachian tubes?

• Posted

She did not ask any other questions, shooed me away after seeing the reports, saying I should probably forget about it. My ears are completely blocked in the morning, after which it gets better but it feels like there's some kind of fluid inside, it feels numb and blocked, Earing is the same as before(I have always had ear ringing which continues). Maybe its related to my cold and cough? Trying all home remedies to get rid of all the cough. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.