Blocked ears causing dizziness

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi.  While on holidays a few weeks back I got a sinus infection.  Always getting them & got on with it.  One morning I was sitting on balcony & I felt like someone was after shaking me & I got so hot, like a hot flush.  It passed but frightened me.  Got flight home & coming through Airport I kept feeling dizzy.  A few days after coming home I ventured to Dr.  all be it my balance was all over the shop, he did tests etc., said I had blocked ears hence my balance.  He said to try a few things but also gave me a note for antibiotics in case I needed them, well I so don’t want to take them as the last time I became so anxious.  But today my ears are still blocked & every now & again I feel like I’m going to fall.  It’s scary & because of all this my family are getting fed-up of me always being sick & missing family events, yesterday I was told I’m lying down under it- that hurt as I’m trying so hard to get sorted.  Any suggestions on how I can sort my ears would be gratefully received.  Oh also when I use nasal rinse it makes my head feel worse... sorry to be so long winded but.... 

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi Jean

I feel your pain. Minieres is a silent frustrating disease that causes disruption in life. I have had the same problems. Serc 16 32x3 seems to have mine under control. 8 also suffer with sinusitis frequently.

• Posted

So sorry to hear that. Your family should be more considerate.

Infections can be very serious things if they spread.

What are your teeth like? Do you get any pain or infections in your teeth?

I ask because the 2 are very closely related, and people just are NOT aware of this connection.

• Posted

T’u for replying & Vicky.   My anxiety is through the roof as I feel like my ears are going to blow off me they are so blocked, I’ve a nasal spray, nasal rinse & a cold and flu tablet, this combination worked all other times for sinus infection but I’ve never had such a bad doing with my ears.  Yes, the flight didn’t help but I’m here not knowing if I should take the amoxicillin but it’s for ten days & I hate how they make me feel & so afraid anxiety will get even worse, if poss I’m afraid to go out, I tried to go to local shop which is three minutes walk from me & I had to turn back,  I was all over the place.  God or someone direct me what to do, take antibiotics or not.... anyway thanks for listening, maybe that should be thanks for reading & replying x

• Posted

Take the antibiotics they won't cause any harm. Do you take any medication for Minieres ?

• Posted

Hi Vicky - well after two works & trying EVERYTHING natural I spoke to Dr., & like you he said “take the antibiotics”. No drops work as mt infection is behind both eardrums.  So I’ve started them just now as I can’t go on the way I am.  So just to say if I had taken your advise I’d be nearly finished the course now!

on a lighter note, one of the things I found was to wriggle my jaw as it would help open these tubes, I nearly gave myself lockjaw - lol.  Never boring with me.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.