BLOCKED NOSE, BREATHING NORMALLY A PROBLEM

Posted , 3 users are following.

Since the lock-down this being the eighth week I've started to get a blocked nose and finding it hard to breathe normally, Actually started in the third week I started the lock-down. Been told over the phone it is likely to be Rhinitis. How they can they diagnose something over the phone is beyond me. Three medications I've been taking for over a week. Not a sign of any improvement. One spray prescribed says works for up to nine hours, I'm lucky to get nine minutes. At my wits end. But for this poxy virus problem we have just now, you could visit the doctor or hospital. Laying on my stomach is the best way of feeling a bit better.

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Dont forget when you started with this problem it was start of pollen season particulary Tree Pollen, the count has been very high, my nose has been stuffed up and my chest really tight over it, also a side effect to many meds can be a stuffed nose so nothing you take will improve it, check on side effects of your meds hopefully you will find some relief soon , personally i use a nasal spray over the counter , dont suppose i should but it works, take care

• Posted

ann19155 thanks for the reply. I'm approaching the twilight years with a pension around the corner. Not that I'm intending to give up work for a while yet. I've spent my entire life out working delivering surgical utensils to hospitals and doctors. I'd not make a very good prisoner that's for sure, being locked away for the three weeks really hit me hard. Not until the Lock-Down did I have any problems. I'm really hoping that now I'm back at work these last few weeks things will get back to normal.. Not sure what your Doctors Surgery are doing but as for mine I find it amazing that you get a telephone call and they try and diagnose your problem on the phone. I think a few of the GP's should get on the front-line like my daughters and all the other wonderful folk out there at this woeful time. Obviously with my job I spend a great deal of time around the hospitals and you can't help but feel great pride. I just deliver, they do all the hard work. Be safe and if a bit of over the counter medicine works for you than why should you not use it

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.