Skip to content

Rhinitis

New discussion Join group Also known as Allergic Rhinitis (Hay Fever), Hay Fever

All discussions in this group

Next
  • tracey hugsie 2

Hayfever

have had hayfever for years worse ever this year, tryed cetrizine,loretadine, clopheamine, trying steroids from today, hoping these work . is there any natural remady i can use all year round please . Seems worse at night , muzzy head above between eyes, can have complete blockednose ,then constant run...

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • david 94301 3

help

i suffer from asthma allergic rhinitis sinus and hayfever i get thick see throgh phelm like cling film back of my thoat and down my nose make you feel sick really bad ears also post nasal drip i do neil med nose rinse and fixnase spray but still got it bad it start in feb end september ever year any...

18 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • michelle38934 2

Help Rhinitus

I am hoping someone can help, I suffer all year round with nasal drip down the back of my throat and it goes onto my stomach, my nose feels permanently blocked but nothing comes out of my nose, because of the dripping in my throat I am always coughing but don't bring anything up. Also when the nasal...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • derekhhh 2

Inflammation in nose,eyelids when speaking. Anyone heard of it?

Hey guys, After years of research and seeing doctors who couldn't isolate my illness, I've narrowed my problem down to non-allergic rhinitis (I think).  Basically,  I wake up in the morning fine.  But if I start talking for a while (usually 20 minutes), I feel tightness in my throat.  My eyelids become...

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • chrisholmes 1

How long for symptons to start

I suffer from hay fever. Mainly grass pollen. how long does it take the allergen to cause symptoms and how long to abate? The reason that I ask... I spend 8 hours a day in a sterile area. my symptoms still persist although not as bad as over the weekend when I'm in the normal environment. If I spent ...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • david 94301 3

help

i suffer from asthma allergic rhinitis sinus and hayfever i get thick see throgh phelm like cling film back of my thoat and down my nose make you feel sick really bad ears also post nasal drip i do neil med nose rinse and fixnase spray but still got it bad it start in feb end september ever year any...

• david 94301 3

help

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Mmagot 3

Question about allergies and post nasal drip

So I just moved from Chicago to Tampa in the last 3 months and everything has been decent except for the last couple weeks. I have had constant drip for the last 3 years though and it's so much worse in the spring. My question is I tried azelestin spray and it has dried up the drip almost 100% but now...

1 reply 2 votes Last reply
  • Westonn 1

Constant sinus problems and drainage

I was diagnosed with influenza and had a sinus infection over a year ago. Symptoms lasted for a few months and eventually smoothed out. However sinus problems never stopped. I started working at a place that worked with the material "carbide" in fine powder form. I realized this stuff eventually made...

• ann19155 2

Non allergic nasal congestion

My partner has been suffering from non allergic congestion ever since he was prescribed Biosoporal andamlodophine for a brain bleed he had 3 years ago it's just a permanent Stuffy blocked nose which is a side effect from the meds he takes everything Dr has prescribed only gives him about 10 minute relief...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lenny18022 1

allergic rhinitis question

hi gang ​its a sleeping problem....when i hit the hay as we say im pretty clear in the nose..then about 3 am my nose get stuffty and i wake up..its been like that for years..ive found a new treatment that shows promise..but i need some ​kind of over the counter decongestant beside steroid sprays..any...

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • cody8924 1

Headaches won't stop and my hat keeps getting tighter.

I've had problems with allergies and breathing through my nose since I was a kid, as early as I can remember.  My cheeks feel like they have pressure, my forehead feels like it has pressure, my nose itches and runs, my eyes itch and swell, I can never breath through both nostrils at once, the blockage...

2 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • anne05078 4

Allergic Rhinitis

I've suffered with allergic rhinitis for over forty years and it seems to be getting worse.  I suffer severe sinusitis and polyps too.  The congestion also causes eustachian tube dysfunction, post nasl drip and headaches due to sinus issues....so all in all not nice !!

10 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • SpenceK 2
  • Moneybishbosh 2

Anomisa

Does anyone else suffer from Anomisa and what are your symptoms and what treatments have you had.

• allergy82347 1

Allergic Rhinitis destroyed my life

I have been suffering with it for the last 5 years, constant nasal pressure and congestion, mainly in the right nostril ,no other symptoms like runny nose or eyes or cough etc .  I have done septoplasty to correct deviated spetum ,it didn`t help  I used all kind of nasal inhalers without help ,recently...

12 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • James Woon 1
  • marcus606976 2

Suffering every night with hayfever

I dont know what to do. Every night I suffer with a runny nose and sneezing, and I have tried most things. Steriod nasal spray, air filter, allergy sensitive pillows, anti histamine tablets, vacuming mattress with the Dyson mattress vacum cleaner and I still wake up with this. Even just after waking...

17 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • lenny18022 1
  • De Igwe 2

Rhinitis

Hello to all, Can someone tell me how they manage this very unpleasant condition? I have been suffering from this condition for the past 14years. i am really downcasted. I have been to hospital uncountable number of times and taken different drrugs and sprays, but no relieve. I will be happy if someone...

8 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • gaurav09311 2
  • umers 2

Dust & Pollen Allergy

Hi all. I hope all of you are in great health. I have been diagnosed with Dust and Pollen allergy. My nostrills get blocked and it becomes hard to breath. Specially at night time, one or both nostrils get blocked. So I have to use Spray for opening my nostril. I went to allergy center in May,2016....

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • gustavowoltmann 1

Sleeping with allergy

Hello! I'm allergic to dust and, recently, I had lots of problems only during night time. I can't breath with my nose while sleeping and because of this I snore and my wife can't sleep with me. I tried everything: from natural remedies to antihistamine but still haven't found a solution! Please, help...

• linda72262 3

What helps with tinnitus?

Hi, i had a terrible cold and sinus infection - sinus infection not quite gone yet - and am experiencing major tinnitus - mostly in one ear.  I've always had some tinnitus as a result of an inner ear infection years ago, but this is awful. Anyone have some positive stories about overcoming this condition...

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • itchyeyes 1

Hay fever in February?

I've been suffering with hay fever like symptoms early in the year for about 10 years, (I am 52). This year it started about two weeks ago (If memory is correct, it seems a bit earlier this year!) with blocked sinuses and very itchy eyes. Having all windows shut doesn't help. Going out does not make...

16 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • thi20955 4

hay fever

I have chronic Rhinitis. Each spring, I suffer bouts of sneezing and runny nose. Feeling sick and tired. I used to take Phernergan but it knocked me out . I try many kind of hay fever nasal spray as well as medication but doesnt work. I also don 't like the tablet for hay fever for I will become dependable...

• ursulauc62 4
  • libralady13 5

Allergic Perrenial Rhinitis

Hello I was diagnosed with this earlier this year having suffered on and off for years.  I thought it was possibly silent reflux as in addition to the sneezing and nasal problems I also lost my voice throat clearing and throat mucus. I had a throat scan in March and was everything ok and got the rhinitis...

6 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • JoeAnxiety 2

Does anyone else experience dry mouth and excessive saliva?

Does anyone else experience periods of dry mouth and/or excessive saliva? I suffer from health anxiety, but I also have GERD and Allergies. Lately I've had periods where my mouth was very dry which makes it difficult to swallow. I also have periods where it feel like saliva is accomulating in my throat...

• liz00338 1
  • alvin70124 2
  • amy201191 1

GERD - CHRONIC RHINITIS - NASAL DRIP

Wondering if anyone has had the same as it's been ruining my life since I was about 5. When I was smaller I used to call it my 'sickly sore throat', now I've been diagnosed with chronic rhinitis I've realise this is the initial trigger. It will start with an excessive allergic reaction (I know I suffer...

• hanna94624 3

IM GOING INSANE

Okay so maybe I'm exaggerating with the title but my allergies are just making me feel so ill all the time. It's even harder because everyone else thinks that "oh they are only allergies so you're not actually ill" but they are honestly making me feel so worn out. They give me sinus headaches and I feel...

• abegail 2
  • Mmagot 3

Will azelestin do this?

I've had horrible post nasal drip to the point where it felt like I was drowning almost for a month now. I started using azelestin once a night and in two days my throat is free of mucus but now I'm clearing my throat a lot. Is this because the azelestin dried up the drip and my throat is just raw from...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.