Hayfever problems

Posted , 3 users are following.

I dont usually suffer with bad hayfever, but for some reason it has been very bad this year - not much sneezing, but general tiredness, runny nose, breathlessness and low level fever. I thought I was having mild case of COVID-19. Apparently, it can be mistaken for COVID-19 my GP told me.

I suddenly lost a fair amount of hearing in one ear. GP found no wax but what she did find was a sort of flap in the middle ear which I believe is associated with sounds etc had gone flat. She said air pressure could have caused the loss of hearing.

I had been taking Cetirizine hydrochloride and Beconaise nasal spray. She prescribed Fexofenadine Hydrochloride for two months. I have taken it for nearly three weeks now but for the past two weeks I noticed I get uncomfortable feeling in my stomach and have been having loose stools.

Has anyone else here experienced this sort of side effects or any other side effects. I also take inhalers. I am wondering if I should stop taking it or wait till I speak to my GP.

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I've been on Fexofenadine for 4 weeks and it gives me an awful metallic taste in the mouth

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.