Vasomotor Rhinitis...anyone experiencing dizziness and imbalance when walking?

Posted , 6 users are following.

I have been experiencing clogged nose without colds, Pain around the eyes, forehead, the temple, migraine headaches, dizzibess and imbalance when walking. A visit to the ENT showed normal hearing, no ear blockageor infections, no sinusitis or nasal polyps. His diagnosis is Vasomotor rhinitis. He said the weather, temperature, wind blowing triggers my blood vessels to swell and thus cause those symptoms. Anyone experiencing these weird feelings? Its so debillitating and affects my daily activities.

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes I can relate to those symptoms although I don't get headaches I do get sinus pain blocked ear like a muffled feeling. I also have a deviated septrum but I don't think it has anything to do with symptoms. Now the pollen season is out I'm a somewhat worse and your right especially the feeling of off balance when you walk and your head feels floaty I often think the weather has something to do with it too it's like a pressure feeling in your head and ear.
    • Posted

OMG. glad to know im not alone. Sure enough ths changing weaher will be a burden. Just a short walk under the sun makes me dizzy and tipsy like drunk. Even when cooking, the smell and fume from the pan triggers weird feelings and symptoms. I tried Nasonex and Muconase nasal sprays but they just dont seem to help. Just cant help but wonder where did this condition come from...
  • Posted

I have had this for several years and sometimes vomit too.

Cigarette smoke and pollution are huge triggers also sleeping with my head to either side... I've bought a little cushion thing off amazon to stop babies rolling and stick my head in that at night. Also rinse my nose out... it's all a bit desperate but doctors have no answers and I live on pain killers too much.

Sorry there are no easy answers... I would love to move to an area with clean air but my work and life is in East London, wish you well....if u have any tips for me I would be grateful...I honestly feel that nobody u nderstands just how I'll it makes me so if your in the same boat you will be the first person

• Posted

I know this is a necro-thread a year old... but if you are still following.  I've found a couple medications that really seem to help.

First off, the real thing, Astepro (Azesteline) is a nasal anti-histimine.  Works very well, concentrates right in the nasal passages.  Tastes horrible, but doe the job!

Other is a homeopathic called Sinus Plumber which is basically liquid chili peppers, horseradish and menthol.  Works extremely well at clearing up the sinuses.  There is a Sinus Plumber formula that has caffiene in it for headache relief as well.

• Posted

while I am sorry for your condition, it is nice to know that I am not alone! I have been to multiple ents Dr etc etc they all tell me everything's fine I do have vasomotor and it's just something I have to learn to deal with, however the headaches and dizziness is overwhelming to me too as well

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.