Blood!

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, I had the Urolift procedure four days ago. I have been aware that there would be some blood in the urine for a few days, but what I mostly read said light blood. I am getting quite a lot of blood every time I pee (and I'm peeing a little more often than before the op), including some small clots, and there's no sign of it decreasing. I'm not panicking, but must admit to being a little concerned. Does anyone know if I should be? Many thanks!

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hello Norman

So you did not have a catheter. I had the Urolift done 3 1/2 years ago. When I had mine I had a lot of bladder spasms in the bag was mostly pink but with the spasms I had long string like blood. The first time that happen was in the hospital when I was going home. My doctor was at the desk. I asked him about it. It said that it will do that but it is normal.

I had that for 2 days when the catheter came out I think I only had that once and the burning. I was good to god in 2 weeks.

What I was told to do was rest and don't move a lot drink a lot of water. Remember we are different and we all heal at different rates.

You will get better.......Take care.....Ken

• Posted

Many thanks, Ken. No, no catheter, luckily, and while starting to pee can take a while, no real problem going.

No improvement, though, still very bloody and thin clots, strings, as you say. I'm hoping to talk to consultant on Monday (Saturday now), but appreciate your encouragement.

Take care, Norman

• Posted

Norman

How many clips did you have put in. I had 4. Did have some of them clogs while the catheter was in. That was a first time for me. I had to watch when I moved in bed. I kept a towel under my penis. Because when the spasm hit I would get the pink fluid and the blood clogs coming out of the tip

Just give yourself some time. It will work itself out.....Ken

• Posted

I don't know how many, Ken, to be honest. I must ask!

Thanks again

Norman

• Posted

Norman

Yes he should have told you. I saw my doctor right after I woke up. He put 2 on each side. I guess 2 top and 2 bottom. It is good to know.

Did he give you a card to carry with you. It a Implant Card with the date and how many implants. I have only had to show it once at the airport.

Have a good day ........................... Ken

• Posted

Well now, had the worst pee, in terms of blood, at 4 o'clock this (Sunday) morning, but have been completely clear on four occasions since. Most odd, actually. Still, not complaining!

Norman

• Posted

Sorry about that

What did you do the day before. That may have something to do with it. Glad you are clear now.

Just be care full...........Please Ken

• Posted

Hello again, Ken. It has settled down now, although no discernible difference in the stream. Too early, perhaps.

• Posted

Hey Norman

Glad thing are getting better for you. I only have 4 clips to

Give yourself some time. The doctor should have told you at least 4 weeks. Just relax no heavy lifting and no sex. Let everything heal.

Keep me informed. I do worry about you....Ken

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.