Blood

Posted , 4 users are following.

****here I am again asking the same sort of question....but I'm still wiping blood and mucus. Been on going now 3 months. Trying low residue foods. On Slimming world. Had the colonoscopy last December ache in legs and back. So depressed and crying wreck !!!

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Hi Gloria, i too suffer from diverticulitis, and just had a bad bout of it antibiotics, for 4 weeks, my daughter got me kefir cultured milk drink and i must say i have seen a difference, not sure if it works for everybody but it as helped me hope you feel better carol .

• Posted

Thanks just worried about blood and mucus. ? It's there when I wipe.

• Posted

Did you get a flare before the blood and mucus started?

• Posted

It's start s with slight blood / mucus and won't go away. Some days clear then back again .

• Posted

I get the same...it has continued for 5 years. Sometimes have pain, sometimes not. It's always worse when I actually get diverticulitis but it never really goes away. The consultant said it's due to my DD but this confuses me as my colon isn't inflamed all the time because I have had biopsies taken.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.