Blood after wiping without any bowel movement

Posted , 3 users are following.

34M, 130lbs. Not on any medicine. No prior health issues.

In November i saw blood after a bowel movement almost every day for a week. I went to my doctor and he said it is most likely an anal fissure. Gave me some fiber packets for against constipation and told me to come back if the bleeding persisted. Now the bleeding would stop for 3 weeks. Then it would bleed a little 1-2 days, another 4 weeks of no blood whatsoever and repeat. So i figured sometimes i probably was constipated, which created another fissure and a little bit of blood would end up on my toilet paper. Very few instances, would there be a little bit of blood on top of the feces in the middle of the bowl, which i assume simply dropped down from where the fissure (if there was one), was bleeding.

Today was one of those days. I went to the bathroom, saw blood on the toilet paper and maybe 2 drops on the feces. Nothing out of the ordinary although not fun to see. But just a few minutes ago, i went to the bathroom to see if i could go. I didn't squeeze or anything, just sat there for 3 minutes or so. I looked down in the empty bowl and saw a drop of blood. I wipe my behind and indeed, the toilet paper is bright red.

How is it possible to be bleeding after no bowel movement? And if there is an old fissure from this morning, shouldn't i be bleeding nonstop if it was that severe? I am planning to contact my doctor although i don't know whether i have to do it tomorrow or whether i should wait a week and see what will happen.

Tldr: Had blood after bowel movement this morning. Went again a few minutes ago, nothing came out except more blood. Couldn't poop yet blood appeared. No mucus or slime. Bright red in color. What to do?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

hi healthnoo, i think having read your post you should ask TODAY for an urgent doctors appointment. Don't take no for an answer ring NOW and go and see someone. Tell them exactly what you wrote here. Good luck, let us know what your doctor says.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.