Blood blister but not after TKR

Posted , 5 users are following.

My Dr advised to take dressing off last night due to previous bleeding. In the middle of the wound I have something soft and red like a blood blister, but its not, also has the appearance of a skin tag. Anyone had similar and should I do anything about it, now 4 weeks after TKR and am on blood thinners so don't want to break it or let it bleed.

David

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi David,

a few people have said about red, blister type things on or around the wound.  I actually had two myself, on one knee, just to the side of the scar.  My first thought “ Arrrrrgh! Infection” 😳 but when I asked, they said it just happens sometimes and as long as they don’t turn sore and fill with puss, they’ll go away.  Mind sort of burst like blisters do and then peeled off in time, no problem.   If you don’t think it’s right and it worries you, go see someone for an opinion.  Peace of mind is a must.

Best wishes

Sue x

• Posted

I didn't have anything like that at either of my TKRs, if you are worried maybe ring the ward & ask them, they usually say to call if any problems.  

Do you have your post op appt arranged yet? If not ring & make an appt, or speak to the surgeons secretary who can ask him & get back to you.

Hope it resolves soon

Marilyn 

XX

• Posted

Google the term lfracture blister and compare those photos to what you have. I had a bilateral and about 5 days after both legs were covered with fracture blisters. Some filled with blood while others just filled with clear fluid. They are generally only associated with broken bones. My surgeon couldn’t believe I had them.  None of the nurses or aides in the rehab hospital had ever seen them before either. The only concern is that you don’t pick up an infection in them. 
  • Posted

Had my TKR 6 weeks ago and blood thinners been and gone with some bruising and itching around scar .I would say listen to your dr/ surgeon before doing anything off you’re own back . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.