Blood blisters after surgery?

Posted , 3 users are following.

I think I have a blood blister in my vaginal lips? Have only noticed this after surgery, I'm 6 weeks post op and it's still there, very small blackish bump, shines. Could it perhaps been caused by an instrument sitting surgery? Anyone else had this

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kelly,

I don't have a blood blister but think you may be correct that what you have could be from an instrument used during surgery. After my prolapse repair, I had two round wounds that scabbed while I was in hospital. They were round and straight across from each other, located on my pubic bone, well above my vagina. Since my surgery was done vaginally, I was surprised to see them. The scabs remained there for 6 full weeks. Now healed, you cannot see them since that area has hair, but there are still two bumps. At my 3 week post op visit, the nurse told me it was glue from an instrument used to for bladder sling. Who knows? I'm not sure how glue caused that but given all my other concerns, i let it go. When you are seen next, ask. You may have been nicked or something with a surgical instrument.

• Posted

Thank you Debra, I'm getting it checked with go later today in case it could be anything else. X

• Posted

Glad to hear you go today Kelly. Good luck, I'm sure it's going to be something simple...nothing to worry about

Best wishes

• Posted

If you developed blood blisters because of something that happened in the operating theatre then I would be extremely surprised. No surgical instruments should or would cause them.
  • Posted

Sorry kelly I pressed the reply button by mistake. The blisters are probably due to a viral infection.
  • Posted

So I went to the go this morning and can you believe it after getting all me bits out infront of a locus male doctor the bloody thing had disapeared. Lol.did show him a picture and he reckons it was a blood blister and has just dropped off. Shame ha ha

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.