Blood Clot

Posted , 3 users are following.

Can anyone help me in July 2016 I had my little boy via c section when they did the spinal the pain shot down my right leg and ever since I have struggled with cramp spasms and sharp pains. In Sept of last year I started having heart flutters/dizzyness/sweating just feeling unwell I’ve been back and forward to the dr telling them I thought I had a blood clots. Ive had an abdomen ultra sound and the dimer tests and all my other bloods done all of which come back fine so they have put it down to anxiety? I’m taking mirtazapine for the anxiety but I still don’t feel well and I keep going back but they are just saying it’s anxiety. What should I do?? 

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If they have done the tests and they have come back fine it should give you reassurance. Is there any reason why you think it’s blood clots in particular as your symptoms could be a number of things including anxiety 

• Posted

Thanks for replying Carrie27300. I think because of all the pain and cramp in my leg then the symptoms that came on after that it all seemed related to blood clots. 
  • Posted

Blood tests are not 100% reliable or conclusive. I would push for a CT Scan of your leg. This is far too important a health risk to be overlooked. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.