Blood clot or paranoid?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello

I'm hoping someone could help me, I'm really worried I have a blood clot in my leg.

It all started about 3-4weeks ago. my knee started having trouble clicking into place whenever I tried to straighten it and it was quite painful on my knee cap. I wasn't to concerned about it as my knees have always clicked. A week ago I started getting a pulling sensation behind my knee which again didn't bother me in the slightest.

I woke up 2days ago it complete agony in the top of my calf. I couldn't walk, couldn't put any weight what's so ever on my leg and I can pinpoint where in my calf the pain is. I went to an out of hours doctor last night and he said it's because the tracking in my knee isn't right and sent me on my way.

Well I've woken up this morning and my foot is swelling up. I'm not in as much pain as yesterday and I've been able to put a little weight on my leg. The pain is like I have a constant cramp and no matter what position I get in a few minutes later it's uncomfortable. The pain has been making me feel quite dizzy and I've had a splitting headache every day for a week.

I had an emergency c-section 11months ago and I suffer with restless leg syndrome.

I'm going to my gp in the morning but I'm worried he won't listen to me

Any advice would be great

Thanks

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Insist on an ultrasound to check for clots. The GP shouldn't ignore the swelling. Also, my sister in law was diagnosed with Lyme disease (following a blood clot 7 weeks postpartum) because her knee and leg started swelling in a similar fashion. It was confirmed with several blood tests and she was admitted. Take it seriously!

• Posted

Please try to stay calm as preempting what's wrong want help, many things can cause swelling including bakers cyst, let us know how you get on

• Posted

Hi

Take half an aspirin to thin your blood. you would be better going to your nearest hospital rather than your GP.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.