Blood clots?

Posted , 2 users are following.

My ankle has been hurting for about 10 days. The veins around my ankle bone and the base of my foot look black and it is swollen and so painful. I went to the ER on Saturday and he said it was a blood clot but not to be too worried and sent me home, no blood work, no hands on exam. I went to the doctor today and the D-dimer test was negative, but something tells me it’s not right. What do I do now? 

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

If it gets no better go back.  That is what happened to me, I had pain in my calf which I thought might be a clot, it was inflamed and painful. I went to the hospital and they told me it was a small clot in a minor vein and would disperse, it was not in a deep vein so was not dangerous.  They gave me antibiotics so it didnt get infected and told it it would be some time before it got better.  A few weeks later I was in hospital with a massive deep vein clot.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.