Skip to content

Deep Vein Thrombosis

New discussion Join group Also known as Thromboembolism, Venous Thromboembolism

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • leahn 1

Not an ilingual hernia but a blood clot?

I finally got an ultrasound (4 month wait) for what definitly seemed to be a ilingual hernia.  After suffering the pain and aching of this, not to mention the uncomfortable bulge that seemed to come and go several times a day, I was happy to finally be getting the results of my ultrasound today....

2 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

My legs where itchy , and so swollen at times the skin o...

My legs where itchy , and so swollen at times the skin on my shins was red ,shiny and I felt my legs would burst, so uncomfortable. A visit to the surgery resulted in being told my B P was up. I do also suffer from water retention, hence the swelling. The nurse had a talk with my Dr. (I didn't...

38 replies 5 votes Last reply
  • Pandacake 3

DVT, anxiety or something else? Please help. In Pain.

Hello everyone, Quick history, I've had a swollen leg for months now. My left leg. About 3 months ago I got cellulitis there. About 2 months ago, maybe 1 1/2 I got it again, or thought I did. Since then the skin has been blotchy and covered in red patches and discoloration. I keep thinking it's...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • Keith0110 1
  • dager 1

post thrombotic syndrome work/pip mobility uk

Hi im 30 male uk and was diagnosed with DVT in my left leg in 2010, about 3/6 months later had multi pulmonary emboli in lungs and soon after pneumonia. Then in 2011  i was diagnosed with reoccurring clot.  Since that day my leg swells 4 to 5 inches bigger then my other leg after i stand or...

4 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • richard84629 1

Main vein blocked / thrombosis in ARM

Having suffered damage in veins as result of lines, catheters fistulas and angioplasts they now think I have main vein totally blocked in my arm and hundreds of collateral veins showing on venogram & ultra sound. Scary - because my arm is 3 or 4 times size swollen and only relief is total elevation....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • holly75952 3

collateral veins after DVT

Has anyone who has had a DVT (upper or lower limb) been left with collateral veins? ​I've had a venogram and so i know that i have got extensive collateral veins deep in my arm but I also have some that are really close to the surface. Just wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

1 reply 0 votes Last reply
  • ronnie44124 1

Major operation triple bypass on left leg pain problems

hi out there I'm new to your group. Had what I've been told is a triple bypass to my left leg the vanes in my legs what I've been told collapsed with a on going DVT doctor told me I had a blood clot by my ancil for some years as a younger man I played rugby a lot always getting trod on as...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • emma00070 2

leg pain-blood clot?

recently i have been getting bubbling/fluttering feeling in my right calf when i am sitting down, almost a gurgling feeling. its not really pain its just uncomfortable. i also sometimes get tingling all up and down my leg with it but not all the time. i have had these symptoms before but a few years...

• anshumanbhai 1

Post thrombosis treatment

I was a diagnosed with DVT which resulted in PE two years back..I'm 24 years old now..I was very active person and a football player. Doctors concluded that the cause might have been an injury . I wear compression stockings and take blood thinners since two year now..still I feel a lot of pain and...

• shaun38063 2

Foot Drop in right leg after multiple DVT

My father(53), has got foot drop in his right leg after multiple episodes of DVT in 2014, since then his clots are all dissolved and only thing is the weakness in the leg and the foot drop. There has been some improvement due to TENs physiotherapy but the Neurologist has told now to do a few exercises...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • john69167 3

Hi

i I am over 18 months on from a quite large proximal DVT and I exercise quite a lot especially my legs i.e. bike and walking etc. Most of the time the swelling is not too bad but what I find hard to cope with is the heavy full feeling in my foad this problem?ot and lower leg. I know this is post thrombotic...

12 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • alijah17262 1
  • janet21009 2

Eliquis apixaban any one taking them Just diagnosed with a dvt

just returned from holiday 4 hour flight while over there I had a bad leg cramp thought I pulled a muscle extreme pain went to local doctor sent me for a scan ended up in hospital for 5 days with large clot behind my knee started me on injections of clexane now home doctor has given me tablets eliquis...

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Pandacake 3

Swelling without pain? + What does DVT feel like?

Hey guys, I've recently (about 2/3 weeks ago) had cellulitis & a 2-week course of antibiotics. My lower left leg is all red all the way around. Though it's calmer now leading my GP to say the cellulitis seems to be fading, the swelling seems to come and go, come and go. They won't give...

5 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Guest M
  • sheila91262 5

post thrombotic syndrome New treatment available.

Hi I am posting this information as I have been searching for sometime to get some help with my son's post thrombotic syndrome. He had major surgery last DEC 14 and recovered well and had anti coagulation treatment whilst in hospital but after being home for 2 weeks he developed a severe, extensive...

36 replies 2 votes Last reply
  • Guest M

Healthy lifestyle and prevention of DVT huh? I exercise...

Healthy lifestyle and prevention of DVT huh? I exercise everyday, I have never smoked, I am not on the pill, I am a healthy weight, I eat 5 portions of fruit and veg a day and yet I have a popliteal DVT, why? I'm only 45 and cycle the 18 miles to work each day. Now I am totally sedentary whilst...

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • rhian 88944 1

3 DVT in 4yrs. Currently on Rivaroxaban

Hi, Just after a bit of advice and reassurance really. I had my first DVT 3yes ago behind my right knee. Then Feb last yr I was diagnosed with PE in both lungs. Since the PE I have been on rivaroxaban and will be for life now. However I am certain I have a blood clot in my lower right leg. I have...

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • sheila91262 5
  • eek14 2

DVT or pulled muscle?

22 year old female on hormonal birth control. Switched a few weeks ago to a new one (had a bad reaction to it, so got switched again). Have been in a gym class for college credits since janauary. Started playing volleyball & don't really stretch. I did play volleyball in HS so I thought I would...

• mike32507 1
  • Lizfor 3

Saddle embolus

After 6 months of ill health, weakness and breathlessness I got the following diagnosis. Saddle embolus involving the proximal right and main left pulmonary arteries with extension into and near occlusion of several segmental branches of the lower lobes bilaaterally also involviment of the lingula,...

• youngatheart1 5

Diagnosed with DVT, not really told what to expect

Hi all, was diagnosed with a DVT 4 weeks ago, behind knee and halfway up thigh.  On Apixaban which is not troubling me apart from being cold all the time and the fact I am scared of cutting myself as there is no antidote, or so GP said.  On blood thinners for 3 months only, which...

23 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • mark the spark 2

Good News

JUST BEEN TO THE DOCTORS AND HE HAS TAKEN ME OFF RIVAROXIBAN AND SAY MY CLOTHES HAS DISPERSED

1 reply 1 vote Last reply
  • brittanymb 1

Misdiagnosed clot??

Hey guys, I'm a 21 year old female whose on the birth control pill and I just spent my holidays in Europe. While I was there I took a 14 hour bus ride and when I got off the bus my foot and lower leg were red and almost double the size, I decided to spend the day in bed with my foot elevated and...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • Ksurplus 2

Should I see a doctor? [Blood Clot?]

Hi, I've been experiencing  -Piercing/pinching pain around the lower leg (both legs) -areas include Calf area, behind the knee -pain is a 2-3 on a 10 Scale, mild -past months, I've experienced my feet fall asleep while sleeping @ night (has happened 2-3 times) -I've waken up about 5...

• jordi77 2

Warfarin and Chloramphenicol (red eyes)

Hi, I was diagnosed with a DVT in my left arm 6 weeks ago. After reaction to Apixaban, I have been on Warfarin. I take now 9 mg/day and my last INR (6 days ago) was 3.2. Since the reaction to Apixaban, I've had some red veins in both my eyes. After waiting a few weeks for this to disappear, it hasn't....

0 replies 0 votes Posted
  • youngatheart1 5

Been googling, wish I hadn't

Hi, recently posted about out of the blue DVT on thigh in early December.  GP said about tests for cancer then chose not to do them when I said I was on HRT.  Bored today, so have been goolging and came across an NHS article from 2012 stating that all patients with DVT for now reason, ie flying...

3 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • laura74991 2

DVT and Exercise

I was diagnosed 5 weeks ago.  I'm on Xarelto.  Question is this: If I exercise I am afraid clots will detach and cause PE.  Any ideas?

7 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • simon62535 1

DVT - Timeline and lack of progress.

May 2016 - Diagnosed with DVT - A blood clot behind my knee has caused my calf muscle to swell up enormously.  Nov 2016 - Scan shows that my DVT has now got worse and developed into a case of chronic DVT. Calf muscle has got slightly smaller, at the same time my thigh muscle has got slightly bigger....

• laura74991 2

DVT - swollen leg and tummy

I got diagnosed with DVT on February 2nd.  DVT in my left leg and tummy.  I spent one month in bed.  Now I'm back to work.  My leg and tummy are still swollen.  I was on Xarelto 30mg for 25 days.  Now I'm on 20mg a day. When will my leg and tummy get back to normal?...

13 replies 0 votes Last reply
  • alexandra88705 2

Past two days iv had a pulsing/throbbing in my leg

8 years ago I was left untreated for five days after misdiagnosis of a dvt.which has left me with lots of problems I now have lost thrombotic syndrome and chronic veinous insuffiency for the past two days my leg is constantly throbbing/pulsing near my left knee. cannot describe the feeling very strange...

9 replies 1 vote Last reply
  • michael22426 2

Sore leg after blood clot scare, no swelling/redness.

Hi, I'm 20 years old male, recently I had a bit of a blood clot scare - I had just come back from the UK on a long-haul flight and I was experiencing chest pains whenever I breathed in deep or moved in a weird way. My GP said that I should go to the emergency room to rule out a blood clot. They did...

• john25837 2

Had DVT and Still swelling about half inch just above the ankle

Hi, I had calf DVT diagnosed 3 month before, was put on Xarelto. 49 years. About two month after the diagnosis my ankle was swelling increasing aout half inch circle of the leg area as compared to other leg with no DVT. My doctor wants me to come off the Xarelto but I am worried about this swellling....

6 replies 0 votes Last reply
Back to top Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.