How do I approach this?

Posted , 3 users are following.

ok, I'm nervous as heck right now because I think I have a clot in my body, even though I'm on Eliquis. im tempted to go to the ER and have them check me out but at the same time I dont want to be the boy the cried wolf, if that makes sense. how can I tell them that I'm worried I have a clot and want to get checked without sounding panicked.

plus I dont want to worry my parents. I've been in the hospital for bilateral PE's almost two years ago and the last thing I want is to go in and get checked only to find out I dont have one, plus the medical Bill's.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

If you have been taking your Eliquis as directed, a clot is rare but not impossible. If you think you may have a clot, go to the ER. You've had PEs in the past so they will take you seriously. If it turns out to be nothing, it is peace of mind more than anything. They will most likely give you a D-dimer test, which is really quick and easy for them so don't feel that you are inconveniencing anyone.

• Posted

I take Eloquis and I thought I had a clot and went to the doctor, she told me it was really impossible to get a clot while taking Eloquis, she thought I had strained a muscle in my calf and I guess that was the case as the pain went. If you are really worried then visit the ER , I can only relate my experience.

• Posted

I know that, but I'm asking what should I say? My first reaction to all this is just a full-on breakdown and fear, I mean, how do you calmly tell someone, especially an ER nurse or someone else that you suspect you have a clot? I dont' want to come off as a raving lunatic is what I'm saying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.