Scared of possible DVT

Posted , 1 user is following.

17F. 21st March night time, i got this pain in my right thigh in one spot which was unlike my usual muscle ache sensation that I'd get after moving around more than my body is used to. went to bed, the pain lessened the next day. 24th Mar night time, it returned, a little bit worse than the first time.

yesterday, i felt the same pain my left thigh and thats also the day where i realized the same pain would be seemingly changing spots all around my both legs- inner thigh, back of thigh, top of my foot. now, even a few times on the soles of my feet. accompanied with numbness, too. there were a couple of times where the pain feels like an electric shock in the area where the pain is. it last for a few to several seconds and goes away then come back 10-30 minutes later-- in a different spot or the same(today was my worse 'episode'. top of my left foot hurt every 10-15mins in different spots. eg. right near the ankle, seemingly on top of a vein area). im anxious that it might be dvt or pe as before the pain started, i had spent the 3-4 days with 3-4 hours sitting on my bed(cross-legged most of the time, very occasionally laying on my stomach)using my phone and watching videos without moving around. im on term break after finals right now and i guess i just got too engrossed in watching my shows i lost track of the time...never experienced any symptoms like these before.

been spending the day walking around/standing around without sitting down much ever since 24th to get myself moving. saw GP on 25th and he didn't even check for anything and just told me I'd been putting pressure on my nerves because of just sitting down for that period of time. i also have been having mushy stools since 24th-- no change in diet etc. now it's concerning me a little that the pains and this are related. is that just something else like my anxiousness causing this? the GP gave me painkillers and something to relax my nerves that were causing all this. currently i don't feel like the medication from GP has helped at all and my parents just feel im overthinking and dvt isnt possible and dont think i should be checked out in the emergency department. right before i started typing this, ive been getting what seems like the same type of pain in my hand/s(along veins, which freaks me out..feels like electric shock for a brief moment and goes away)

couple hours ago breathing started become painful for a bit when i deep breathe. not sure if its from the anxiety and worry i have now or my Costochondritis flare up.

please advice. has anyone experienced the same thing? is it just nerves being compressed/put under pressure because of my posture and sitting for longer than supposed to on my bed? I'm really scared of DVT and its complications.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.