Leg pain that began in the calf, would an ultrasound miss a DVT?

Posted , 1 user is following.

Last month on 2/10 I experienced some pain under my calf, right where the achilles is. The pain lasted all day and it was like a sharp pain, almost like a muscle strain. I thought nothing of it as I had just got back to the gym after a month that same week. Anyway, the pain pretty much subsided for the entire month of February. Yesterday, 3/4, i woke up fine but as soon as i started walking around i felt the same pain again. It would only hurt as I walked, i went to work and as i was just standing i didnt feel it much until i started moving. Today the pain continued, only now that i also feel it behind my knee and my leg just seems to have general pain to it. I've also been feeling some spasms on my calf. Theres no evident swelling or redness to my leg. I also went to the ER this morning and had an ultrasound done which came back negative for blood clots. Hwoever, since the pain is continuing i'm worried something has been missed. I guess this is a two question post. For starters, do mt symptoms reflect that of someone with DVT. Secodnly, could it be possible for the ultrasound to have missed a clot? They scanned all the way from my upper thigh down to my ankle, but i dontt feel comfortable with the diagnose. Anyone able to offer advise?

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.