Blood clots in between periods

Posted , 7 users are following.

I have had fibroids for 2 years. This last period was late and lasted longer. My gyn gave my birth control pills but I'm still having clots every day. Anyone else?

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

My doctor gave me progesterone only pill to "stop" the bleeding I had - which led to a 29 day clotting/ flooding nightmare.

Up til that point I had heavier than usual periods but the hormones/pill made my life unbearable.

Only Esmya gave me relief. I had my huge fibroid removed a week ago.

• Posted

Hi,was given birth control pills which i took

for 10 months but it made my life a hell, before the pills i didnt have very heavy bleeding n extra ordinary huge clots but th pill made me unable to go anywhere when i had my periods cos they were heavy n took too long days,n heavy clots.

When i decided to do away with th pill,my heavy bleeding was finished n my days went back to normal though it took sometime.

So i concluded pills makes things worse though depends with individual.

• Posted

I've had those darn suckers throughout my teenage years, into my adulthood and up until the present. I've suffered trying to hold down jobs, almost bled to death having my son through c-section, etc. Recently had a blood transfusion. I was scheduled for an embolism treatment and according to the dr., the only option outside of a complete hysterectomy. :-( Welp! I decided that I had one more option and that is the blackstrap molassis and applecider vinegar treatment. I've been consistent for the most part with it. I'm not as consistent with exersise, this will be period #2 on this treatment and my stomach seems to be losing that bloatedness but it's still too early to tell if this will be effective in shrinking the fibroids. Even the embolism takes 6 months to see complete results. The apple cider is supposed to do the shrinking and the blackstrap helps the bloodflow while giving iron/calcium and also neutralizing the acid in the apple cider. We shall see! Keep in touch ;-)
    • Posted

I'm sorry that you've been through so much. I have my follow up with my gyn on Tuesday to discuss my options.
  • Posted

Hi Michelle, hope you are feeling better! I have just finished my second cycle

since taking the BSM and the ACV. I have had honestly I can say the best period I've ever experienced. No heavy bleeding, no pain or cramping, only slight bloating with

the 7 day light period. No getting up in the middle of the night, etc. I just wanted to share this with you. I wish you all the best! smile

Elana

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.