blood clots in nose

Posted , 4 users are following.

Last night I blew a large clot from my nose, and then continued to blow large clots for about an hour and a half. I also had drainage so I had blood in my throat and spewtum as well. This morning nothing. I would feel I needed to blow and just get a clot then a few minutes later I needed to blow again. This can't be normal.

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Are you taking a prescribed anticoagulant?

I am on warfarin, and occasionally have had nosebleeds, and what looked like clots from the nose, although I think it was simply bloodstained mucus.  Also occasional bleeding from the gums, particularly when brushing my teeth.  When these have occurred, it has usually been when my INR is too high.

• Posted

if you are on an anticoagulent, get a test straight away. Don't wait...better to be safe.

• Posted

Yes I a man in congestive heart failure and take a blood thinner. Last week I had a difillbulator implanted in my chest. By can't find info on why or what caused these blood clots, and so many. The following day, nothing...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.