Blood clots. Terrified

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hello there my name is Alex I’m a 20 year old female. On and off I’ve been experiencing pain in my left arm that’s really bothersome. It feel really tight kinda like if I had a rubber band tied to my arm. I’m terrified of blood clots I’m so scared that I’m thinking I might have one 😢 I’ve had 2 chest cts this year and a ddimer done in September all came back negative. But now my left arm is tight and turns red .. I’m terrified I might have a blood clot please help anyone? 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Alex I would make another appointment with your gp as you are obviously concerned about it. 
  • Posted

Based on the limited data presented it appears your doctors do not believe DVT is a problem. However, my clots were typically found with ultrasound, a quick and nonintrusive method which might help relieve some of your anxiety. People tend to underestimate the adverse effects of stress and anxiety and it may be worth doing something to relieve that. Also, it might be a good idea to put a description of what is going on in your arms to the muscle disorder group. I've seen similar things described there.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.