Blood during bowel movement

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi, my name is sonia and i feel constipation and blood also comes during bowel movement after my pregnancy. Its nearly one month i feel so discomfort

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Could be internal hemorrhoids flaring up. They're very uncomfortable, do you feel swelling in your bottom during and after a bowel movement?

• Posted

Hi sonia39515

You could possibly have an anal fissure or a hemorrhoid both of which will cause bleeding when passing stool. You say you gave birth a month ago the fissure or hemorrhoid could have been caused by bearing down and pushing when giving birth. Make an appointment to have an examination at your doctors.....

• Posted

Get some preparation H pain relief ointment. This helped me with my fissure and hemorrhoids.

• Posted

Also, for the constipation, which is the true culprit...drink plenty of water, eat more fiber, and exercise.

Or you can use a probiotic or fiber tablet daily.

Or you can use colace or a laxative (MOM, dulcolax, etc) as needed for constipation.

• Posted

Try fruit or a laxative from your doctor to soften your stools. Constipation and giving birth could have caused a fissure or haemorrhoid.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.