Blood from stiches

Posted , 4 users are following.

I've started to be able to walk pretty good but have noticed some times there are small drops of blood coming from the stiches it's not alot and I keep the area clean, is this something to worry about has anyone had this problem

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Hey Ethan...it's noting to worry about. You're gonna get small droplets of blood until your stitches dissolve and the incision closes. You have to restrict your movement. I know you can walk pretty well, but don't over do it. When I had my surgery, I pretty much layed down alot, but still sat up in my chair and just rested...at least until my stitches dissolved.

• Posted

Nothing to worry about i also had some blood and later some greenish discharge as tge wound started healing. So unless their is pain around the area or the incision becomes red and warm i wouldnt worry about it just keep the area clean.
  • Posted

I had this problem a couple of times but it did not last, think mine was caused drying myself after having a bath.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.