Blood Group A Negative but both parents O positive?

Posted , 3 users are following.

hi everyone,

I am 6 months pregnant and obviously have had a few blood tests as you do and found out i'm A negative blood group. Didn't think much of it but was discussing the anti D injection with my parents who told me they are both O Positive. after lots of reading up on this i realised this isnt possible... half of me is like "what the hell" but the other half is a bit like just leave it... bit confused to be honest. is it the case that its absolutely impossible for them to both be O and me be A.? 😦

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Dear KIRSTEN

When i became pregnant i had several repeat blood tests. My first one indicated I was AB negative. The next one suggested I was A positive. I have subsequentLy been tested as O positive, A negative and last year, A POSITIVE. So to this day i am really not sure of my blood group. Despite during my pregnancy being tested as a positive blood group I was still given the ANTI gamma D for mothers belonging to a negative blood group. Either lab results are inaccurate or maybe, just some of us may be of Transylvanian descendancy.

Hope all goes well for you.

• Posted

It is impossible for your biological parents to both be O positive if you are A negative. The most likely explanation is that one of your parents is misinformed about what their blood group is.

• Posted

thank you 😃 i was starting to think i might be the milkman's lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.