blood in catheter

Posted , 3 users are following.

8 days in and now bright red blood in catheter bag......hope its not too much of a set back, suppose to talk to someone today, anyone else been thru this....>

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Unless I've missed something, I think we'll need more information before commenting with anything like a useful answer! Especially - what was the reason for the catheter being put in?

• Posted

Yes you have missed something. Steve had prostate removed.
  • Posted

Hi Steve it can happen and unless copious amounts nothigh to worry abou. Often cathtar had been caught.make sure you are drinking plenty. Hope it is resolved now.
  • Posted

After my RP, I was told that some blood in the urine is normal, but I was also warned that if it was bright red, that is not normal. I had a pinkish tinge to mine for one or two days, then nothing. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.