Blood in my bowel stool

Posted , 10 users are following.

Has anyone experience this happening to them.  Yesterday, I decided to take a peep in the toilet after use and I saw blood.  I am totally freaked out.  I have already scheduled an appt with my dr but I just read the side effects of amlodipine and blood in the stools is one of the side effects.  This has completely blown my mind.  I am soooo afraid of this drug, but it is the only one that halfway works for me.  Now, Im thinking i might have cancer.  Devasted!

0 likes, 18 replies

18 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Sorry to read of your distress patricia.  Like others here I experienced blood in the stool, symptoms disappeared with change of diet.  In my case I  think it was related to stomach problems - constant GERD/indigestion/ pain, needing medication which I took for several years.   Eating less sugar/grains and processed foods, more vegies and fermented foods meant the pain left and the blood in stools disappeared.  I understand your fear about Amlo, I took it for four months earlier this year but discontinued due to the usual side effects.  I just wanted my LIFE back and slowly the bad effects are leaving and I am becoming healthier.  Good luck with everything patricia    
  • Posted

It's the Amlodipine.  I have the same issue, bleeding when I go to the bathroom.  I got off of it for a week and no blood or cramps.  I took one yesterday and last night my toes were cramping today its back to blood in stool.  I'm going to just quit.  

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.