Blood in my saliva

Posted , 17 users are following.

I was diagnosed with barretts Oesophagus about a year and a half ago following an endoscopy.  Immediately after my endoscopy I got severe heartburn.  i had never had a day of it prior to the endoscopy.  Since then i have taken 40 mgs of Esomeprazole a day and I am not having any heartburn or any other symptoms.  But for the last six months I have been bringing up blood in my saliva. Usually worse in the morning but can continue all day.  I have seen my GP who sent me to an ENT doctor who put a camera down my throat (through my nose) he said it was sore and a bit "refluxy" - his word - but other than that my throat was ok.  I have also done a swallow test and was told all was ok.  So then why am I bringing up this blood?  Has anyone with barretts had a similar problem?  Is it part of the reflux problem or is it something differnt?  I am very worried mainly because I cant seem to get any answer to my problem.

1 like, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

hi mike i have had barretts for 2 yrs i 20 miligrams of rabeprazole every night i have never brought up blood and dont get heart burn some times if i eat the wrong thing i go to bed with intergestion so take gaviscon and its gone i think you need go back to dr hope this helps  regards dave 
  • Posted

Hi, have you done biopsy or stomach tissue testing for Helicobacter Pylori, could be fro this.

• Posted

Hi everybody Thanks for all your replies.  I am happy to report that one year on all is good with me..  I take 20 mgs of Nexium everyday.  No major heartburn - sometimes i have to take a gaviscon or two usually when I have eaten spicy or oily food.  No more bleeding at all.  It has been 3 years since I took an endoscopy and my doctor tells me I don't need one for another two years.

• Posted

i have acid reflux and when i wakeup i see light red blood in my saliva it been 2 months but its still the same even the medication is not helping and idea what could be the reason

its only in morning rest day its fine but my throat is dry and little pain

• Posted

Sorry to crash the party after all this time guys, but I too have really bad acid reflux (Gerd) and in the morning I have a mouth full of acid mixed with blood/ dry blood it Isn't long after I lay down in bed to go to sleep that the acid starts to enter the mouth (thick texture) and I can only sleep on my right side the left side makes the acid flow quicker into the mouth and laying on my back makes me want to swallow the acid I've been to the doctors and they've prescribed me Lanzaprezole 30mg once daily for a month I'm now on 15mg a day more long term I retch quite a lot with a sticky substance been needed to be removed from the throat area not sure where this is coming from it originally started as a very small piece of think sticky white form of something that I seemed to cough up from the stomach from out of nowhere and seemed to gradually get worse to the point I was constantly trying to clear the throat but it was severely sticky and hard to move sleep is virtually none existence I need to check in with the dentist to see if all is okay there and of course eat healthily but who can do this right? Just the thought of eating junk makes me drool food is my favourite thing ever! but lack of a decent sleep is really getting to me I'd like to be able to sleep on all sides get really comfy and drift off into a deep sleep this seems a long time ago since this happened feels like years what advice can people give regarding this what do you feel works for you regarding this illness? Many thanks for your time,

Ryan

• Posted

hi all, i dont have barretts but ive been seeing blood in the mornings as well. has anyone ever managed to get a diagnosis? i have a bad feeling this is going to be one of those things that wont get properly diagnosed till its much worse.

• Posted

hi all, i dont have barretts but ive been seeing blood in the mornings as well. has anyone ever managed to get a diagnosis? i have a bad feeling this is going to be one of those things that wont get properly diagnosed till its much worse.

• Posted

any of you guys had a very localized pain in the sternum region? sharp but not to acute.

Its been 3 months since ive started with the symptoms. been to the er 4 times but they only checked for lungs, bronchi and heart, because i got it while having covid (i was taking way too many meds, and i think it screwed my esophagus due to high acidity cuz all the drugs i was taking) and nothing shows up. now that ive read this thread im starting to think its an upper digestive problem.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.