Blood in my stool

Posted , 3 users are following.

diarrhoea for 10 days now blood clots in my poo

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

I would see your doctor since you have had diarrhoea with blot clots in your stools for 10 days. Try Imodium to firm up your stools and then take a stool sample to your doctor so that it can be tested for infections.

• Posted

thank you seen out of hours doctor there told me to fo a stool test and drop it in my doctor done that wed got doctor tomorrow to see what there going do so worry was going asked them to do a camera to look in my bowel

• Posted

I would wait to see if your stool sample shows anything first before asking for a colonoscopy. Your stool sample may give your the answers you need.

• Posted

There is no point in assuming a stool test will show nothing because you do not know if this will happen. You doctor will not know what it will show either. Your doctor has recommended it to rule in/out possible infections. Equally, you have no idea what a colonoscopy will show and have no guarantee it will stop your worrying. In my view, tests don't stop worry. I had lots of tests and every one caused me intense anxiety. I would suggest that you take one step at a time and wait for your stool test results first and follow your doctor's advice on what to do next. Colonoscopies are highly invasive and another procedure will only increase your anxiety especially if you are prone to worrying.The less you have to worry about the better.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.