Blood in phlem

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all been on here before but still struggling with symtoms & get even more alarmed each time a new symptom arrives !

Had many tests through summer endoscopy,mri of throat,seen ent nothing showed except stomach pulps & agravated larynx so we assume it's lpr as don't get acid .I do have painful osphagus esp after swallowing earache pain between shoulder blades & sore throat but last few days have noticed my phelm had small bit blood in it! Does anyone else get this? So very worried

I take omeprazole 20mg . Any help appreciated

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

I don't know what to say. Just don't panic and may be come back to your Doctor and do more checks.

Have you checked your lungs?

Must be so hard for you at this time of the year.

Have a lovely Christmas!

• Posted

Hi 

I have had the same problem , i have been spitting blood since August virtually every day just little bits but then when i spit again its pure white , i have had achest x ray so it doesnt seem to be coming from my lungs and the dentist has ruled out teeth problems , it could be stomach pulps again i suffer from acid reflux so the doctor thinks the blood could be coming from my stomach , i have an appoitment with the chest clinic and gastro in the new year so hopefully will get to the bottom of it hope you get it sorted . Mark

• Posted

Yes this happens to me all test are clear. I just except it now
    • Posted

Hi Sandy 

How long has this been going on mine has been from August just little bits of pure blood when i spit then it goes back to pure white , something is irrating somewhere which obviously makes it bleed , just got use to it now i guess if it was very serious i would be spitting up blood most of the teime 

• Posted

Hi Mark for over 2 years . Ive also read a few other people on here have the same problem. I also get it in my nose but blood test and xray normal. I just live each day as it comes and trust the doctors. I know it's worrying. But try to ignore it.

• Posted

Thank u all I guess i'm not the only one sadly Happy Christmas

• Posted

vision some time throt infection cause blood in plughm because off aleargy or viral infection batter is this consult your doctor for throt endoscopy because problem in throte cause blood down the throt blood not come out side than you need stool analysis if some thing show in the report

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.